Job title: Quality Team Leader - Analytical
Reporting to: Global QC Manager
Business function: Technical - Analytical Sciences
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
Do you get a thrill from developing and delivering new analytical solutions? Are you obsessed by making things work and finding ways to solve problems? If you’re nodding right now, then we might be just what you’ve been looking for – so read on...
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
Analytical Sciences is an integral business function, ensuring the authenticity of purchased or manufactured products, support new product development or process opportunities on Treatt’s exciting journey.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
What you’ll be doing
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for quality control analysis using GC and LC instrumentation, day to day management of all functions, processes and systems used in the Analytical Sciences Laboratories in UK and providing support in USA.
- Monitoring of all GC and LC instrumentation usage in the Quality Departments (UK and USA) and recording of down-time into appropriate information logs.
- Management of preventative and advanced instrument maintenance & troubleshooting (GLC, GC-MS, GCMS-MS, HPLC/UPLC or LCMS/MS).
- Co-ordinating and be responsible for delivery of training and assessment of analysts in GC, LC, and MS instrumental analysis in Quality Department based on joint instruction issued by Global Quality Manager and Global Analytical Innovations Manager.
- Development, management and validation of advanced quantitative methods for all GC and LC instruments in the Quality Departments in UK and in USA.
- Supervise and mentor the members of the Quality team that work within the Analytical function, managing holiday entitlement and being a point of contact to advise on releasing individuals to assist in other areas of the business. Promote the concept of self-managing teams to ensure high levels of engagement and empowerment.
- Perform instrumental analysis of flavour and fragrance raw materials originating from various departments within Treatt plc and external sources which include but is not exclusive to UV spectrometry, GLC, HPLC, GC-MS, GCMS/MS.
- Management of all calibrations and instrumental logs for all GCs, LCs and MS instruments in Quality department and ensure their compliance with SOPQs and QCP procedure. Performing calibration and verification checks (GC; GC-MS; GCMS-MS, HPLC).
- Write Quality Control Procedures (QCPs) and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPQs) as and when requested by Global Quality Manager or Analytical Innovation Manager.
- With the aim of continuous improvement, design and manage analytical projects.
- Develop analytical protocols for compound confirmation and validation.
- Statistical evaluation of analytical results, including accuracy of data and determination of tolerances.
- Perform Final Reviews on samples as and when required.
- Assist QA Manager with technical aspects of supplier and customer audits as and when required.
- Ensure that the working areas in the laboratory are maintained in a clean and orderly condition and that hazard or potential hazard is reported to Laboratory Supervisor.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has a degree in science based discipline, experience of GC/MS, GC/MS/MS, LC/MS and LC/MS/MS method development, experience of writing and reviewing QCP’s and SOP’s. You will also have people management experience and have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday buy back and share schemes, we’ve got you covered.