Job title: Distillation Operator
Reporting to: Distillation Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, USA
Hours: 12 hour shift/ 8 hour shift
Salary: $16.40 - $22.90 per hour
FLSA Status: Hourly
EEOC Class: M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
Working under the guidance of the Distillation Supervisor, the Distillation Operator will perform and record all steps of the distillation process. The Operator will provide QC and lab personnel with samples for quality testing and will dispense WIP materials into various types of drums and containers. The Operator will barrel, label and appropriately store the intermediate materials and file all necessary production documentation and logs.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Load raw materials into stills from tank farm via the use of vacuums, pump systems and hoses.
• Perform still start up procedures. This includes connecting hoses and opening valves and involves a significant amount of climbing up and down.
• Take and document regular equipment readings. This involves a significant amount of climbing up and down.
• Produce product samples for QC testing and analysis.
• Troubleshoot still operation issues and make necessary changes and adjustments and notify Distillation Manager of any production problems.
• Dispense intermediate materials into various types and sizes of storage containers.
• Weigh and measure materials using both standard and metric systems.
• Properly label material containers and update inventory documentation.
• Appropriately store finished materials in cold rooms, freezers and warehouse locations. This includes use of a forklift for storage of drummed and bulk materials.
• Perform standard still cleaning and sanitation processes.
• Backup shipping and receiving in the loading and unloading of tankers and scale house operations.
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
This position requires good knowledge, understanding and use of the English language, and basic math and measuring that is generally demonstrated by the attainment of a high school diploma or general equivalence degree. Prior distillation experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to regularly practice safe work habits.
• Ability to work overtime including nights and weekends when business needs require.
• Ability to perform troubleshooting and minor mechanical equipment adjustments.
• Ability to perform basic math equations.
• Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Ability to stand for long periods, and walk, kneel and stoop on a regular basis.
• Ability to twist, bend, stretch and climb on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Skills & Abilities
• Valid forklift and Hazardous Materials certifications.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Ability to perform accurate weight measurements.
• Knowledge of standard to metric conversions.
• Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.