Job title: Production Operator (US)
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, USA
The Opportunity (General Summary)
Working under the guidance of the lead operator the production operator will perform various duties involved in the production of intermediate materials (WIP) and finished products. This includes but is not limited to offloading, preparing, and loading raw materials, start-up and shut down of stills, boiler and cooling units, monitoring and recording still operations, properly storing materials and products, general cleanup using mildly caustic cleaning agents, and providing QC and lab personnel with material and product samples for testing.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
- Upon approval of the lead operator, off load raw materials from shipping vehicles. Depending on the mode of transport, offloading will be done by hand, forklift or pumps and hoses.
- Prepare raw materials for initial processing. This includes manually loading materials on to conveyer belts, using knifes to cut material and using a forklift to dump drums of material.
- Use a forklift to transfer raw material from initial processing equipment to staging tanks.
- Perform still start up procedures. This includes connecting hoses and opening valves.
- Monitor and document still reading, and sounds to ensure proper distillation.
- Perform aromatic and visual evaluations of materials and notify lead personnel of any production problems.
- Produce product samples for QC testing and analysis.
- Dispense intermediate, distilled materials into various types and sizes of storage containers.
- Weigh and measure materials using both standard and metric systems.
- Properly label material containers and update necessary documentation.
- Appropriately store finished materials in cold rooms, freezers and warehouse locations. This includes use of a forklift for storage of drummed and bulk materials.
- Perform standard cleaning and sanitation processes as directed by lead and supervisory personnel.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area free of trash and debris at all times.
- Act in the best interest of TUSA at all times
- All other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to regularly practice safe work habits.
- Ability to work overtime including nights and weekends when business needs require.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and minor mechanical equipment adjustments.
- Ability to perform basic math equations
- Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
- Ability to stand for long periods, and walk, kneel and stoop on a regular basis.
- Ability to twist, bend, stretch and crawl on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular and sometimes-repetitive basis
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Valid forklift and Hazardous Materials certifications.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
- Ability to perform accurate weight measurements.
- Ability to perform mathematical conversions and read charts.
- Understanding of specific gravity (SG) of materials.
- Ability to read and understand Material safety data sheets (MSDS)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
This is a production environment that is cool in the winter and warm in the summer. Some duties are performed in cold rooms and freezers. This environment can be noisy and wet at times. This position requires work at elevations above 20 feet.
Seeing, Hearing, Standing/Walking, Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling, Lifting/Pulling/Pushing, and Grasping/Feeling.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.