Job title: Regulatory Specialist
Reporting to: Regulatory Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
We’re looking for a bright and ambitious Regulatory Specialist join our Technical Customer Services department. As a Regulatory Specialist, you will act as a link between the company, its products, and regulatory agencies. Your main objectives will be to ensure the safety and efficacy of the company’s products, and to obtain the necessary licensing to get our products to market.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
What you’ll be doing
• Ensuring that Treatt’s products comply with the regulations of the regions where they want to distribute them.
• Keep up to date with national and international legislation, guidelines and customer practices.
• Build industry intelligence by communicating legislative and/or commercial impact as applied to Treatt products combined with market led sales driven and customer needs.
• Collect, collate and evaluate scientific data from a range of sources.
• Develop and write clear arguments and explanations for new product registrations.
• Work with specialist resources internally and externally.
• Provide advice and guidance internally and to customers based on regulatory data.
• Maintain safeguarded communication and review of immediate responses to regulatory challenges driven directly or indirectly from authorities and/or commercially driven requirements.
• Provide strategic advice to senior management throughout the development of a new product
• Undertake and manage regulatory inspections.
• Provide regulatory input and approval for formulation changes.
• Review company practices and provide advice on changes to systems.
• Liaise with, and make presentations to, regulatory authorities.
• Specify storage, labelling and packaging requirements.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is ideally educated to degree level within a scientific field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience to support a strong knowledge of regulatory compliance. A proven track record of successful team working in a manufacturing environment and previous experience of regulation submissions such as REACH, CLP and EU Flavouring Substance approvals.
You will be competent in Microsoft Office and experience with other computer system would be a distinct advantage.
You will have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication. We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.