Job title: Facilities Technician
Reporting to: Site Services Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
Day to day responsibilities in supporting the facilities department goals and objectives. Interface with contractors onsite to preform preventative maintenance or repairs. Perform basic plumbing and electrical repairs as needed within the office and lab areas. Perform assigned preventative maintenance (PM) activities as assigned
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Perform all Utility related Monitoring and Inspection Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities.
• Relay any issues or repairs to appropriate department.
• Respond to emergency calls for facilities related issues.
• Perform routine maintenance of buildings such as fixing structural damage like window, door, and wall repair, and/or painting.
• Assist the Maintenance department as needed with repairs on utility related equipment.
• Preform daily site survey as defined in standard operating procedures.
• Investigate air conditioning, general plumbing, and electrical issue within office areas.
• Repair minimal issues within these areas.
• Provide initial assessment for major repairs to supervisor.
• Assist with office moving and assembly of any furniture for all office areas.
• Assist in proper segregation and disposal of plant waste.
• Ensure effective processes and systems are put in place and documented to enable accurate data within JD Edwards, which supports good inventory practises.
What we’re looking for
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) with 1 – 2 years of experience.
• Knowledge of basic plumbing and electrical repair desirable
• Knowledge of basic HVAC systems desirable.
• Knowledge of basic painting, carpentry installation of fixtures desirable.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.