Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Report to: Asset Care Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
Under the guidance and direction of the Asset Care Manager, the maintenance mechanic will ensure the coordination and completion of all equipment preventive maintenance and repairs. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for coordinating with outside vendors and officials to ensure the completion of routine inspection and scheduled maintenance of HVAC, fire safety, security, pest control, boilers, and other service contracts. This is a hands-on position that requires the use of a variety of hand and power tools to perform duties.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on equipment.
• Installs, repairs, and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment.
• Prepare reports documenting work performed and time spent utilizing the current CMMS system.
• Ability to use and read measuring instruments.
• Trains production workers on routine preventive maintenance
• Familiar with, and fluent in the use of, Lock Out/Tag Out
• Display multi-disciplinary skills.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software i.e., Word and Excel.
• Coordinate with the lead or manager to schedule preventative maintenance on equipment, as required.
• Make necessary modifications or repairs and observe equipment running to ensure proper fix.
• Provide off-hours support as and when the business requires it.
• Act in the best interests of the group always
• Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintain shop areas, parts, tools, supplies, and inventory.
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general description
What we’re looking for
High school diploma or GED and experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic required. Post high school technical training preferred.
• Experience working in industrial/commercial environments.
• Experience working in hazardous environments.
• Able to interpret P&ID and schematics.
• Experience and knowledge of Pneumatic systems
• Working knowledge of diaphragm pumps, centrifugal pumps valves, and actuators
• Great problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and carry out mechanical repairs on a range of mechanical equipment (motors, pumps, valves)
• Able to understand, work with and have an input in the creation of Risk Assessments
• Good understanding and maintenance of manufacturing equipment
• Take responsibility for the coordination of contractor works conducted in compliance with Health & Safety
• Demonstrate a working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs i.e., Word and Excel
• Aptitude and willingness for continued training and development
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.