Location: Lakeland, USA
Under the guidance and direction of the Facility Manager, the maintenance mechanic will ensure the coordination and completion of all equipment preventive maintenance and repairs. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for coordinating with outside vendors and officials to ensure the completion of routine inspection and scheduled maintenance of HVAC, fire safety, security, pest control, boilers, and other service contracts. This is a hands-on position that requires the use of a variety of hand and power tools to perform duties.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage, and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Perform highly diversified duties to install, maintain and repair stills, production machines and various pieces of equipment.
• Plan and implement preventative maintenance programs based on OEM specifications and equipment history.
• Promptly report any identified faulty operations, defective parts and materials or any unusual situations to the Plant Engineer
• Maintain accurate records and documentation of equipment and systems, maintenance, and repair activities.
• Complete general facility and building repairs as needed.
• Work with department heads to identify, trouble shoot and correct equipment and facility problems.
• Complete all emergency repairs in a timely and accurate manner to avoid loss of production time due to down equipment.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt Plc at all times.
• All other duties as assigned or as customary.
What we’re looking for
High school diploma or GED and experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic required. Post high school technical training preferred.
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):.
• Must be skilled at welding mild and stainless steels including thin sheet and MiG, tig, stick and fabrication welding.
• Must have the ability to rebuild pumps, gearboxes, and drives
• Skilled in maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, ammonia refrigeration and hydraulic processing equipment.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay and discretionary annual bonus.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.