Job title: Temporary Manufacturing Operator - Extractions
Reporting to: Manufacturing Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week (12 month contract)
We are currently looking to recruit a temporary Manufacturing Operator supporting the Extractions processes.
As a Manufacturing Operator you will be playing a pivotal role, processing orders and operating and maintaining and ensuring the smooth and efficient running of machinery.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Operating all Distillation process units according to operating and safety procedures and learning aspects of new production equipment
• Operating all ancillary equipment, including chillers, compressors, tank farm Thermal Oil Burners, Vacuum pumps and the tank farm control system
• Assisting in the safe start-up and shut-down of all plants and ancillary equipment
• Carrying out weekly checks, including housekeeping and ensure they are suitably actioned
• Ensuring that hourly checks, including close monitoring of process units are carried out
• Contributing to a ‘right first time’ policy and help to ensure that all order are met on time and within specification.
• Carrying out basic maintenance tasks such as replacing valves, seals, checking filters etc. Report more complex maintenance problems to Shift Supervisor.
• Operating and carrying out checks on Pilot plant if required
• Carrying out laboratory tasks and analytical work as required to maintain efficient use of process equipment
• Loading and unloading tankers, ensuring paperwork, analysis and transfer is carried out in an efficient and timely manner
• Ensuring high standards of housekeeping and 5S are maintained at all times within the department
• Carrying out bulking of manufactured and purchased materials and fulfilling orders in an efficient and timely manner
• Operating the safe use of fork lift trucks and ensure checks are completed on relevant vehicles and carrying out basic maintenance tasks such as replacing valves, seals, checking filters etc.
• Cycle Counts
• Ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures and Cleaning Processes are followed at all times
• Coordinating stock that requires melting & Filtering in preparation for orders
• Supporting the delivery and deployment of a lean culture and behaviour in the organisation.
• Contribute to a ‘Continuous Improvement’ process to improve, optimise and make safer processes and operations. Lead a ‘Continuous Improvement’ process within shift to improve, optimise and make safer processes and operations
• Maintaining high standards of GMP & BRC compliance in all aspects of production
• Exhibiting a good awareness of COSHH, risk assessment, HAZOP and general process safety and ensure this is communicated to all staff. Take the lead in introducing an excellent safety culture in general and specifically with regard to manual handling, Vehicle / Pedestrian safety, PPE and Accident / incident reporting
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent to Grade C (4) or above (including English and Maths)
• A minimum of 12 months working within a manufacturing environment
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to take initiative, be proactive, manage changing priorities and work independently
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
• Build good working relationships with work colleagues
• Excellent attention to detail, friendly and helpful nature
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by