Job title: Coffee & Tea Extraction Operator
Reporting to: Coffee & Tea Extractions Manager
Location: Lakeland, FL
The Coffee & Tea Extraction Operator is responsible for the execution of all processes involved with the production of coffee and tea extract products. This includes but is not limited to offloading, preparing and loading raw materials, start up and shut down of extractors, boiler and cooling units, monitoring and recording extraction operations, properly storing materials and products, general clean-up using mildly caustic cleaning agents and providing QC and lab personnel with material and product samples for testing.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
The duties and tasks involve the following:
• Upon approval of the Coffee & Tea Extraction Production Manager, off load raw materials from shipping vehicles. Depending on the mode of transport, offloading will be done by hand, forklift or pumps and hoses.
• Prepare raw materials for initial processing. This includes manually loading materials on to conveyer belts and using a forklift to dump drums of material.
• Use a forklift to transfer raw material from initial processing equipment to staging tanks.
• Perform start up procedures. This includes connecting hoses and opening valves.
• Monitor and document extractor reading and sounds to ensure proper distillation.
• Perform aromatic and visual evaluations of materials and notify supervisor personnel of any production problems.
• Produce product samples for QC testing and analysis.
• Dispense product into various types and sizes of storage containers.
• Weigh and measure materials using both standard and metric systems.
• Properly label material containers and update necessary documentation.
• Appropriately store finished materials in cold rooms, freezers and warehouse locations. This includes use of a forklift for storage of drummed and bulk materials.
• Perform standard cleaning and sanitation processes as directed by supervisory personnel.
• Maintain a clean and tidy work area free of trash and debris at all times.
What we’re looking for
This position requires good knowledge, understanding and use of the English language, and basic math and measuring that is generally demonstrated by the attainment of a high school diploma or general equivalence degree. Prior production experience preferred.
The following knowledge and abilities are required:
• Valid forklift and Hazardous Materials certifications.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Ability to perform accurate weight measurements.
• Ability to perform mathematical conversions and read charts.
• Understanding of specific gravity (SG) of materials.
• Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
• Ability to regularly practice safe work habits.
• Ability to work overtime including nights and weekends when business needs require.
• Ability to perform troubleshooting and minor mechanical equipment adjustments.
• Ability to perform basic math equations
• Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Ability to stand for long periods, and walk, kneel and stoop on a regular basis.
• Ability to twist, bend, stretch and crawl on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular and sometimes-repetitive basis.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay, annual bonus potential, a maximum of 6% employer matching pension; group health, dental and vision insurances; company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, company paid life insurance; and free stock. We also offer courses around personal development and well-being, including free gym memberships, virtual memberships and weight loss programs.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.