Job title: Facilities Custodian
Reporting to: Asset Care Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
The cleaning attendant is responsible for all facility cleaning This includes ensuring all restrooms, break rooms, offices, laboratories and various productions areas are cleaned and stocked on a regularly scheduled basis.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Empty all trash and debris receptacles.
• Sweep, mop and vacuum all floors. May on occasion involve the use of powered floor strippers and floor coating chemicals.
• Thoroughly clean all restroom and break room facilities including scrubbing commodes, sinks counter tops, walls, floors microwaves, refrigerators and restocking supplies.
• Clean all office, lab and production areas including emptying trash, vacuuming, sweeping, moping, dusting and cleaning windows.
• Ensure the cleanliness of all common areas such as halls, entryways, lobbies and parking lots.
• Maintain proper inventory of cleaning supplies and other necessary stock.
• Maintain cleaning equipment including, mops, buckets, brooms, carts, in sanitary and good working order.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt USA at all times.
• All other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
This position requires basic reading, writing and math skills usually obtained through the pursuit of a high school diploma or GED. Prior industrial cleaning experience preferred but not required.
• Knowledgeable in the use of various cleaning supplies, processes and equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
• Ability to do repetitive motions associated with mopping, sweeping and vacuuming of large facilities.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend stoop and kneel on a regular basis.
• Ability to work on one’s own with little direction from others.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.