Job title: Interim Manufacturing Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week) Temporary role for a period of 18 months initally
Are you a highly experienced manufacturing management specialist? Does being part of a great team within a company who are a leading supplier of flavour and fragrances excite you – if so read on.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
What you’ll be doing
The primary responsibilities of this role include the following:
- To deliver planned production requirements
- To develop the knowledge and capability of the Team Leaders
- To introduce new approaches to efficiency improvement and continuous improvement, ahead of transitioning to the new site
- To review staffing, competence and work pattern requirements in readiness to relocation to the new site
- To review equipment and Capex requirements in readiness to commissioning and relocation to the new site
- To work closely with all key stakeholders within operations, technical and sales
- To ensure factory standards are maintained to comply with customer requirements and to participate in customer and regulatory audits
- To ensure routine compliance with Treatt’s Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- To monitor and report performance of existing production processes
- To review suitability and routinely report on Departmental KPI’s and targets
- People management for the Production and Bulking team including recruitment, induction, objective setting, and performance development.
What we're looking for
Treatt is undertaking an exciting period of change. A highly experienced manufacturing management specialist is being sought to prepare the manufacturing operation for the transition to a brand-new manufacturing facility, combining previously separate and non-automated operations. An engineering bias is preferred as a key aspect of the role will be to assist in specifying, training and commissioning automated and semi-automated equipment for the new site. Previous Capex experience is a pre-requisite.
The role will also involve coaching and mentoring a talented group of recently appointed team leaders. It will require a detailed review of all manufacturing operations ahead of the site move, a focus on manpower planning, continuous improvement / efficiency improvement and an input into working practices and shift patterns moving forward. The objective is to provide both strategic and hands on support to develop team and team leader competencies with the aim of leaving a self-sufficient manufacturing cell legacy, as well as a high performing new manufacturing facility.
Experience of batch and continuous manufacturing operations is required. Evidence of change management and turnaround performance will be expected. Experience of working to GMP and BRC requirements is also required. Ideally, experience of working in an environment involving the processing of hazardous materials will be beneficial and assist in hitting the ground running.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced, well rounded, team-oriented manufacturing management specialist to provide expertise and support to a rapidly growing and dynamic PLC.
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday buy back and share schemes, we’ve got you covered.