The post holder will be the primary decision maker for products held within the portfolio including overseeing product lifecycle and inventory management, financial performance and input into strategic direction for the category. It will also be their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies and continually innovate with Treatt team members in order to make the most of each of these products. Increased sales, contribution and communications are the objective of the role.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
• As part of the Category management team liaise with relevant departments to achieve a high level of market understanding and awareness
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to create and then execute the strategy for the category, relevant to the wider business strategy.
• In collaboration with Commercial and Innovation management teams, identify and evaluate growth opportunities
• Act as the principal point of contact for the category to ensure clarity and consistent approach within the company for the portfolio including identifying gaps in the portfolio and instigating initiatives to fill those gaps
• Manage financial performance of the category including assisting in guiding selling prices, internal costing and implementation of contribution improvements
• In collaboration with key stakeholders, identify and evaluate cost reduction opportunities and make recommendations to Innovations and Operations
• Understand all internal aspects of the category from procurement, manufacturing to sale and be aware of ongoing activities in the category
• Understand external aspects of the category from raw material to end use markets, trends, competition benchmarking and underserviced markets communicating internally where appropriate
• Manage material life cycles within the portfolio from spotlight selection to obsolescence/discontinuation and inventory.
• Provide education opportunities regarding the portfolio to ensure product awareness (existing and new products) through collation of existing knowledge as well as provision of new information
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A customer focused mindset with strong interest in tea and coffee market
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to lead, manage, motivate and influence teams and colleagues
• Curiosity, drive and determination to launch initiatives and make continuous improvements in all aspects of the portfolio
• Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• The capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail
• Experience in data collection, extraction and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
• Ability to find creative and positive ways to get the right people together who can make true differences in all aspects of the portfolio
• A university degree in business management, a technical field or equivalent experience
• 5 years’ experience in the tea or coffee industry, in a commercial, technical or production role and ideally at least 2 years’ experience in a product/category management role