Job title: Plant Manager
Reporting to: VP of Operations
Location: Lakeland, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEOC Class: Class 1.2
The Plant Manager role is a hands-on leadership position responsible for all day-to-day manufacturing operations including productivity, production planning, continuous improvements, inventory control, internal logistics and workforce planning. Excellent communication and strong leadership skills are required to ensure customer demands are met while maintaining the company’s high standards for quality and service.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of just under 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
- Leading an experienced management team:
- Enhancing and leveraging the team’s skills to improve and grow the day-to-day operations.
- Providing supportive, results focused leadership while ensuring the continued development of the operations management team.
- Provide departmental clarity and focus through clear communication of the corporate strategy and set individual objectives for the team.
- Establish a Lean Manufacturing culture and drive an agenda of continuous improvement in the plant, bringing expertise and knowledge to the team.
- Deliver departmental KPIs taking a proactive response to those KPIs not being achieved.
- Work closely with managers in Quality, Sales, and Innovation to ensure the successful launch of new products and to promote seamless, collaborative working relationships.
- Continuously monitor departmental capacities and allocate resources accordingly. Develop meaningful KPI’s to accurately predict future capex requirements based on capacity limitations.
- Meet the needs of our customers in responding to production demands, creating a flexible and skilled workforce that can be allocated to business requirements as needed.
- Working in collaboration with the project and engineering teams, identify opportunities to enhance the operations which includes utilization of technology, new process equipment and automation to enhance operations.
- Propose and administer realistic operating overhead budgets for each of the three departments annually. Monitor adherence to budget and communicate necessary changes proactively.
- Support the performance management process for all manufacturing team members, supporting the management team to address performance issues and identifying talent which can be progressed, and finding opportunity to do so.
- Maintain a safe and productive work environment by ensuring that safety and environmental hazards are proactively identified and corrected.
- Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory requirements and ensure continued compliance.
- Deliver ‘Good Manufacturing Practice’ throughout the plant.
- Drive and promote the achievement of the highest quality standards, working in partnership with Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Quality Control, and Health and Safety.
- Identify and utilize appropriate methods of motivation led by individual needs. Create a high performing team, utilizing team building techniques to prevent silo working.
- Promote a customer centric approach, ensuring that all of operations staff understand and have a desire to meet customer need.
What we’re looking for
The best candidate for the role will have a degree in Engineering, Manufacturing/Operations Management, or similar discipline, or alternative equivalent depth of experience and knowledge built through previous roles. You should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar management role, with experience of people management. A qualification or in-depth understanding of project management, together with training in GMP and/or continuous improvement/Lean manufacturing eg: 6 Sigma, 5’s.
- Additional training/development in new types of manufacturing technology would be beneficial.
- Ability to work and communicate well with all types of people to assist, coach and mentor projects for the proper transfer of knowledge.
- Must be energetic, motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, ability to adjust content and style depending on audience.
- Ability to successfully influence multiple partners and lead cross functional teams, driving results.
- Strong organizational, analytical and team building skills.
- Organisation skills: You must be a self-motivator with the ability to support, plan and implement multiple projects and training.
- Creative and Analytical thinking skills: You must show an understanding in manufacturing and be able to critically evaluate individual processes and projects.
- Communication skills: Establish and maintain effective communication with peers and senior management. It is important to be able to speak, listen, and write well as well as hold presentations, facilitate meetings and trainings, and create reports.
Integrity: An undivided and unbiased state is required while executing tasks. You will be trustworthy, hold confidence and resilience when faced against tough situations.
- People skills/relationship building: A desire to deliver a quality end user experience. Relationship building is required among clients to earn trust, respect, and credibility with productive interactions.
- Capable of creating a high performing team, through inspiring management and great communication and motivational skills.
- Excellent project management capability.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing concepts, terminology, and practical application.
- Must have prior experience in manufacturing ideally liquid/bulk handling production.
- Ability to challenge the status quo in a professional manner.
- Computer proficiency and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competent understanding of safe working practices and legal requirements.
- Experienced in similar industry with knowledge of the product range and processes used.
- Experience with working in an ISO/GMP food processing environment.
- Black Belt or equivalent in Lean Manufacturing
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.