Job title: Marketing Content Specialist
Reporting to: Global Marketing Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
Salary: $40,000 to $49,000 per annum
Have you ever wondered what makes your sparkling water taste like lemon, or your fragrance smell like lavender? Or maybe, what goes into that tea beverage or makes your pumpkin spice latte taste like pumpkin? Does being part of a great team that works on developing such products every day excite you? If so, read on.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
What you’ll be doing
The Marketing Content Specialist will build, own, deliver on, measure the results from, and continuously iterate Treatt’s content marketing efforts, as part of a busy global marketing department. This includes the content marketing strategy, roadmap of programs and campaigns, inventory of assets, and channels. This individual will have an important impact on the achieving the company’s targets for revenue growth and brand awareness while establishing itself as a leader in the flavour and fragrance market.
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Create audience insights, personas, keyword research, messaging themes, campaign plans, competitive information and content performance analytics to build, own, and iterate on the content strategy roadmap
• Create a steady stream of content marketing assets (white papers, ebooks, case studies, infographics, etc.) that can be leveraged across various channels and use cases
• Manage end-to-end email marketing campaigns for both acquisition and nurture, from list segmentation through optimization, while incorporating the use of industry best practices and data-driven benchmarks and analytics.
• Engage and collaborate with cross-functional participants as needed to support content ideation, creation, activation and measurement requirements
• Manage meeting and resource schedules, workflows and deadlines associated with content marketing activities
• Collaborate with marketing program owners, product category managers to integrate and repurpose content marketing and campaign content where appropriate
• Collect, analyze and report on content marketing success via standard content marketing related KPIs, using Web analytics tools, marketing automation platforms, social media management tools, content marketing software and business intelligence platforms to inform and optimize ongoing content marketing efforts
• Work closely with Sales departments, ensuring that all initiatives and activity drives commercial value as well as brand success
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
• 3-5 years of related content marketing experience (e.g. publishing, editorial, journalism, content marketing, copywriting)
• Understanding of various available marketing channels to distribute content, their strengths and weaknesses, and role in achieving lead and engagement goals
• Experience building successful multichannel campaigns that deliver leads and target account engagement
• Ability to understand, digest and articulate complex concepts for target segment consumption via engaging content
• Proven ability to quickly develop a strong understanding of markets and customer needs, using that insight to develop lead generation copy and sales enablement tools
• Strong writing and editing skills (for brand voice, style, grammar and punctuation)
• Excellent research and interviewing skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple projects successfully and prioritize tasks effectively
• Excellent communication, collaboration and consensus-building skills – ability to work with cross-functional teams including upstream content contributors and downstream content activators
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay; discretionary annual bonus up to 12% of annual salary; 401K with a maximum of 6% employer matching; group health, dental and vision insurances; company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, company paid life insurance and free stock. We also offer courses around personal development and well-being, including free gym membership.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.