Job title: Manufacturing Team Leader (Night Shift)
Reporting to: Unit Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 38 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Operations department for a Team Leader. The post holder will be responsible for the operation of Manufacturing supporting the Unit Manger with the day-to-day management of the manufacturing area, overseeing operation and ensuring a safe and an efficient operation in achieving business targets.
The successful post holder will need to be available to work day shifts (6-2 / 2-10) throughout the training period and then move to static nights once Treatt relocates to new premises.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 350 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley Dennis, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• To report accurately and effectively on the daily progress of production including any delays and their causes to the Unit Manager, so that adequate decisions can be made to minimise effects on customer deliveries, production efficiency and future production planning. Liaise with Production Planners to advise on manning levels and the scheduling of production tasks and any issues which may impact production timelines.
• Communicating with the planning department and other support functions to ensure the plan is followed and thus ensuring communication between all the relevant departments are in line with achieving the weekly plan OTIF.
• Organising & Preparing workloads for every operator and ensure minimum 95% labour utilisation and ensuring gaps are addressed through root cause analysis.
• Investigate and find the root cause of all Complaints, CAPA’s as well as the 5 whys and actions
• Site Incident Controller for the shift to comply with COMAH requirements
• Yield analysis to ensure the yields are met and the corrective actions are taken for low yielding products.
• Complete a comprehensive written shift report and verbally hand over to ensure safe, efficient running of all processes.
• Controlling stock and ensuring accuracy of stock in production areas. Facilitate stock checks as agreed
• Maintain high standards of GMP & BRC compliance in all aspects of production.
• Exhibit a good awareness of COSHH, risk assessment, HAZOP and general process safety and ensure this is communicated to all staff. Take the lead in introducing an excellent safety culture in general and specifically manual handling, Vehicle / Pedestrian safety, PPE and Accident / incident reporting.
• Monitoring team performance, and working with HR to address poor performance, supported by the Unit Manager where required.
• Regular 121’s with all Manufacturing staff, this is captured on cascade as well as any other communication
• Implementation of training plan and ensure operators have a programme which addresses competency assessment and training gaps identified through the process.
• Ensure SOP’s and process cleaning procedures are relevant and up to date. Make small changes if required and report major deviations to Manager. Ensure all of the operators are operating safety and all the Safety Critical Tasks are trained and Training records up to date.
• To ensure that fortnightly Toolbox Talks and Risk Assessment, together with any Safety Bulletins issued, are carried out in line with the required schedule.
• Look at distillation processes and maximum yields are achieved with efficient processing
• Maintain site security out of hours and ensure that all building are locked, alarmed and any problems reported through the Site Security Reporting System
• Accident and Incident investigation and ensure report is written with recommendations made to both the Unit Manger and the Manufacturing Manager.
• Manage stock to ensure Health and Safety standards are met together with COMAH requirements for material segregation
• Contribute to a good approach to Food Hygiene, HACCP and Quality and ensure all relevant regulations are met.
• Contribute to an excellent safety culture in general and specifically with regard to manual handling, Vehicle / Pedestrian safety, PPE and Accident / incident reporting.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, then you may be who we are looking for.
Ideally, you will have experience of team leading within a manufacturing environment, strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to motivate, self-motivated with strong relationship building skills.
Educated to GCSE or equivalent.
Team Leading and/or Trainer qualifications would be a distinct advantage. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of BRC and Customer Quality Standards, experience of working within a LEAN environment and be competent in MS Office.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a healthy work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.