Job title: Logistics Supervisor
Reporting to: Global Logistics Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
The logistics supervisor has responsibility for the accurate coordination of all sample room and order processing functions. This role includes leading a team of operators to carry out the labelling, overpacking, palletizing of all outbound orders as well and getting customer samples ready to ship and booked for collection. You will need to investigate and resolve any issues reported and implement process improvements to mitigate issues for reoccurring. You will be ensuring compliance to H&S along with various international and domestic handling regulations, coordinating with various internal departments to ensure the continued efficiency of Logistics.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Maintain open lines of communication with key departments to ensure deadlines agreed by SLA’s pick dates are met.
• Review, re-write where necessary and write shift work procedures and processes.
• Assign team duties in labelling line type S orders, overpack, palletize in conformance to standard packaging, shipping procedures, and dangerous goods regulations.
• Learn how to print, pack, label & book sample shipments for carrier collection.
• Provide team members with guidance and direction in the completion of orders and the priority in which they should be completed as well as the resolution of any operational issues or obstacles.
• Maintain all work areas, procedures and equipment in a manner that is in accordance with all laws, regulations and company policies pertaining to safety and sanitation.
• Track and report all shift personnel time and attendance.
• Through time study, define packaging metrics and capacity to ensure full efficiency packaging operations.
• Take appropriate action to resolve and/or notify appropriate personnel of any operational issues, emergencies, or equipment failures.
• Facilitate all necessary training, review performance of staff and recommend continuous training that will benefit both company and staff, including Dangerous Goods Training.
• Proactively challenge old methods and implement new programs, procedures and initiatives that will support the most success of the department.
• Work collaboratively with other managers and managers in the UK to define best practices and cross-training.
• Ensure facility integrity at shift ends and before leaving the premises.
• All other duties as assigned or customary. Help to foster and promote both an employee health & safety and food safety culture.
• Act in the best interests of Treatt PLC at all times by demonstrating Treatt values.
What we’re looking for
High school diploma or GED with 5+ years’ experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to regularly practice safe work habits.
• Ability to work overtime including nights and weekends when business needs require.
• Ability to perform basic math equations.
• Ability to read, write and produce legible written documentation.
• Ability to safely and efficiency operate a forklift in warehouse and production environments.
• Ability to type.
• Skilled in utilization of various computer programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to walk, kneel and stoop on a regular basis.
• Ability to twist, bend, stretch and climb on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Valid Hazardous Materials certifications.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO