Job title: GROUP MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT – MATERNITY COVER
Reporting to: GROUP FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
CONTRACT: TEMPORARY - 12 MONTHS
A key role in the Finance department, working with the Group Financial Controller and Group Financial Accountant to ensure the smooth operation of financial processes, controls and reporting. Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all general ledger transactions, preparation of monthly management information and the collation and submission of data for both internal and external stakeholders. Working with all members of the Finance team, the Group Management Accountant ensures that the balance sheet is fully reconciled and that the P&L reliably reports the financial performance to date.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Quality Analyst
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Baczewska, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley Dennis, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
The duties and tasks of the Group Management Accountant involves the following:
• Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack for all trading entities
• Preparation of monthly Flash report
• Preparation of revenue and contribution analysis, by customer, product category and sales account manager
• Preparation of monthly overhead statements for each department and hold quarterly review meetings to understand key variances to budget and prior year
• Preparation and reconciliation of monthly accruals and prepayments
• Ownership of the month-end balance sheet reconciliation process
• Responsibility for third party data submissions and industry specific data
• Provision of key data in support of the annual Group insurance renewals
• Supporting Group Financial Accountant in the preparation of interim & year end statutory reporting
• Responsibility for the coordination and timely preparation of statutory audit information and for managing the on-site audit process
• Responsible for all General Ledger administration
• Supporting the Group Financial Controller and CFO with adhoc analysis, business decision information and process improvements
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will :
• be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
• have a minimum of 5 years post-qualified experience
• have listed company experience
• have experience of working within manufacturing, with sound knowledge of inventory processes desirable
• have previous sole responsibility for the preparation of monthly reporting
• possess advanced Excel skills
• have unquestionable integrity and accountability for own work
• have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• be approachable and keen to work alongside other departments
• be open to the ideas and feedback of others
• have a high level of drive, enthusiasm and a personal ambition to succeed
• have good time management and ability to manage and deliver against deadlines
• have a positive attitude and self-motivated
• have the willingness to seek support when required
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement with the opportunity to purchase additional holiday.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.