Job title: Group Management Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will have responsibility for the efficient day to day operation of all aspects of the General Ledger; preparation of Management Accounts; month-end routines and any other matters not covered by other members of the Finance Department.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts for UK subsidiaries R.C. Treatt & Co. Limited, Earthoil Plantations Limited, Treatt PLC, Treatt Development Company Limited and Treatt USA including variance analysis on both variable and overhead costs
- Group accounting responsibilities will include coordination, review and interrogation of month end accounts submitted by Kenya
- Responsibility for monthly Group Consolidation including publication of a monthly Accounts pack for circulation to the main Plc Board and Group Leadership team.
- Assisting the Group Financial Accountant in the production of the annual statutory accounts for the UK Subsidiaries
- Assistance in the production of the Treat Plc published accounts
- Responsibility for the submission of the VAT return / Intrastat declarations
- Preparation and control of payroll journals
- Budgeting – assisting the Group Project Accountant in the preparation, development and production of the annual budget for all subsidiaries
- Monitor Accruals and Prepayments
- Review & reconciliation of the Intercompany loan accounts
- Government statistics
- Treasury – work with the Financial Controller ensuring all interest and bank charges are recorded correctly, that bank balances are optimised between accounts, and that foreign exchange hedging levels are appropriately set, maintained and controlled.
- Development of reporting systems to improve the dissemination of information to key managers throughout the business
- Development of production information to aid decision making
- Support the Financial Controller in ad hoc investigations
- Preparation and distribution of the group’s monthly KPIs.
Preparation of the companies UK Corporation taxation schedules for statutory accounts for submission to the UK tax advisers and dealing with the subsequent questions.
- Primary cover, alongside the Group Financial Accountant for Financial Controller
- Support the Group Management Accountant Assistant with fixed assets
- Act in the best interests of Treatt Plc at all times;
- Other duties as may from time to time be required.
Required qualifications, experience and skills
- Part qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA, ACA (or equivalent)
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience of using and extracting data from financial accounting systems
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Thorough and logical approach to tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to critically analyse data and processes
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative, within a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay; discretionary annual bonus; BUPA; pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, SAYE scheme, free shares, flexibility in working hours, life assurance, group income protection, eye sight testing. As well as our mandatory training we also offer courses around personal development and wellbeing.