Job title: Global Reward & Performance Director
Reporting to: Chief People Officer
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
We are excited to announce that Treatt are looking for a Global Reward & Performance Director to join our Global People Team. In this newly created role, you will be working directly for the Global Chief People Officer, leading the Reward function across multiple international subsidiaries. As part of the Global People Leadership Team, you will be responsible for creating and leading a strategic global reward programme that is flexible, competitive, delivers to business needs, and drives the performance and people success agenda. If you have the experience we are looking for, the energy to drive international reward, and the passion for what you do, read on!
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Play an integral part of the Global People Leadership Team, working in collaboration with other functional leads to enable our great people to achieve exceptional things.
• Deliver to the Board Pay philosophy principles – ensure our approach to reward is competitive yet affordable.
• Drive the performance review process – linking clear objective setting, deliverables, performance led pay reviews, and Non Financial measures for impact
• Bonus scheme design and development
• Working as a partner to the PLC RemCo
• Designing global pay structures and grading system
• Statutory pay reporting (eg Gender/Ethnicity pay gap reporting)
• Designing and delivering Reward systems – including benchmarking and job evaluation,
• Payroll management and analysis to provide meaningful data to the business
• Benefits management, utilising technology to provide services to our colleagues
• Develop and deliver a Global Mobility framework
• Providing service and support to external Financial Audits as required
• Supporting Merger & Acquisition activity as required
• Utilise an external and wide-reaching network to explore best and emerging practices in the field
What we’re looking for
• Qualifications or equivalent experience in the field of Human Resources with a specialism in Reward. A strong background of proven hands-on experience in Reward at a senior level.
• Significant expertise – ideally operating globally
• Knowledge and experience of Compensation & Benefits in the USA
• Demonstrable experience of job evaluation, salary benchmarking, salary range creation, modelling and costing proposals
• Ability to lead a team, inspiring curiosity and a high level of attention to detail
• Experience of new systems identification and integration
• Good understanding of compensation programme designed to drive motivation.
• Experience of performance management systems and approaches
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and well-organized.
• An in-depth understanding of Compensation philosophy in a global organisation
• Hands on experience of managing (globally) year-end compensation and benefits reviews, including analysis and preparation of compensation-relevant information to enable appropriate decision making.
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills and strong numerical skills
• A relevant and current understanding of the market environment within performance, reward and compensation
• Experience of designing and leading Global Mobility policies and programmes
• Previous Merger & Acquisition experience would be an advantage
• Experience of working with Rem Co in a PLC is advantageous, together with experience of Executive remuneration.
• A sound understanding of retirement schemes in the UK and USA .
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary, bonus scheme, car allowance, generous pension savings, share schemes, private medical care, flexible working, family friendly policies, social activity, wellbeing resources and support programme (including employee assistance helpline and face to face counselling), free annual health check (via current provider Aviva), online GP service, training and development, Holiday Purchase Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Tech Benefits Scheme, Eye tests, and most importantly a great team of colleagues
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.