Job title: Global Procurement Manager
Reporting to: Global Procurement & Planning Director
Location: Lakeland FL
This post holder will lead the implementation of the global procurement strategy. Sourcing from a global supply base, they will ensure the sustainable supply of key raw materials to the business, whilst developing cost-reduction initiatives, increasing efficiencies, and mitigating both financial and supply risk.
This is a key role which will require strong leadership at a global level, with the ability to develop and motivate procurement professionals as well as identify new ways of working. It will be their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies, and innovate with Treatt team members and stakeholders, supporting the global department and championing teamwork.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Customer Care Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Proactively ensure continuity of supply, sourced from a sustainable and approved supply base
• Identify, assess, and mitigate commercial risks and constraints
• Accountable for setting Procurement budgets and delivering against targets
• Line management responsibilities for global team
• Inventory analysis – ensuring optimum inventory levels are maintained, with focus on single and sole source high risk raw materials in line with departmental KPI’s
• Visiting suppliers and attending industry events as and when required, which will involve international travel
• Accountable for multi-million dollar annual spend across multiple categories
• Immersing in global markets to maintain awareness of, and communicate, market conditions & dynamics to internal customers and stakeholders
• Deliver both short term and strategic savings via value added activities, leading initiatives to optimize category spend and lower costs
• Manage, develop and strengthen key supplier and stakeholder relationships
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general role description which may be subject to change from time to time
• Act in the best interests of Treatt PLC at all times by demonstrating Treatt values
• Help to foster and promote both an employee health & safety and food safety culture
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration or 5 years of related industry specific experience.
MCIPS/CIPS Qualified or ISM/CPMS Certification (Preferred)
• A strong track record of delivering annual procurement savings and value engineering
• Experienced in setting and achieving budgets and financial metrics
• Expert leadership skills with a track record of building and developing successful global teams
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
• Self-starting and deadline focused
• Great interpersonal and relationship building skills
• A can-do attitude with a pro-active hands-on approach to all tasks
• The ability to communicate complex issues effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing across all levels within the business
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently and in a team
• Demonstrate high energy, drive, and enthusiasm, and can bring innovative ideas to the team
• A minimum of five years leadership experience
• Knowledge and experience sourcing from a complex global supply base
• Confident international traveler with a full passport and the ability to travel globally
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse a high volume of data and produce recommendations
• A minimum of seven years Procurement or Commercial experience in a multinational company
• Strong knowledge and experience working with MRP systems
• Experience of working within the Flavour & Fragrance industry or large FMCG business
• E-Sourcing experience
• Solid understanding of global raw material markets
• Experience using JD Edwards (JDE)
• Understanding of the platform SalesForce
• Track record of S&OP implementation and utilisation
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.