Job title: Extraction Operations and Project Manager
Reporting to: Process Development Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
To support our UK based coffee strategy path, and in order to assist us in opening markets within Europe and ‘rest of world’, we are very excited to announce a new opportunity within Treatt for an Extraction Operations and Project Manager.
The Extraction Operations and Project Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of all processes involved with the production and distribution of coffee extract products. Initially the role will work with the Coffee Project team, to establish the infrastructure requirements needed for UK based coffee production. This role will develop important relationships with external partners, auditing supply quality, and ensuring continued 3rd party compliance with Treatt production standards.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Implement an effective program of infrastructure implementation and design.
• Oversee extract production activities to ensure efficient daily operations.
• Ensure extract production meets customer demand and quality expectations.
• Manage relationships with third party producers, to ensure services of supply and logistics meet our demands. Visit our production partners to ensure they are operating to the standards expected.
• Collaborate with R&D to support scale-up of New Product Development.
• Maintain a safe manufacturing operation through education, training, and personal example.
• Manage department budget and provide monthly production reports.
• Drive business efficiencies, identifying areas for improvement.
• Suggest changes and solutions to improve performance and delivery, and drive change management programmes.
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, developing relationships and supporting the change management process.
• Analyse performance, implementation and commercial data; make decisions where appropriate or provide recommendations.
• Partner closely with the Category Management team
• Deliver project outcomes within agreed time deadlines, through executing, monitoring, controlling and closing the project. Delivering project updates as required, in collaboration with the Category manager.
• Drive a culture of achievement and ensure pace by identifying and making recommendations for removing barriers to aid project success.
• Promote and take accountability for project quality; identify opportunities to improve delivery and oversee the process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken.
• Seek out opportunities to bring the alignment of the Global businesses, with opportunities to share best practices and developments from USA into UK, and seek out this v.v.
• Creation and review of standard operating procedure (SOP) documents pertaining to the entirety of the production area including processing and cleaning.
• Define, implement and ensure in-house and statutory specifications and guidelines on hygiene, HACCP, food safety, occupational safety and environmental protection. Ensure that these are implemented in subordinate organizational units.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• BSc Chemical Engineer or equivalent relevant academic qualification or experience.
• Prior experience and education specifically relevant to the Coffee category, with project management expertise in a production environment.
• Extensive knowledge of typical extraction operations and equipment.
• Expertise in the Coffee product range – including understanding of each stage of production (eg procurement, roasting, grinding, extraction technology, packaging etc).
• Proven experience of managing effective production projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of production regulations and procedures including but not limited to, HACCP, HSE, GMP, MSDS and Hygiene standard requirements.
• Strong leadership, employee motivation and development skills.
• Skilled in the use of various IT applications.
• Ideally experience of other product ranges using extraction technology.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.