Job title: Operator - Manufacturing
Reporting to: Team Leader
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week) Alternating Shifts 06:00-14:00 / 13:45-21:45
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Manufacturing department for an Operator (Bulking & Distillation). If you have experience of working in a manufacturing environment, ideally with Bulking & Distillation experience, this could be the role for you.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
What you’ll be doing
The duties and tasks involve the following:
Process / Equipment:
- Carry out bulking of manufactured and purchased materials and fulfil orders in an efficient and timely manner
- Operation of all Distillation process units according to operating and safety procedures.
- Operation of all ancillary equipment, including chillers, compressors tank farm Thermal Oil Burners, Vacuum pumps and the tank farm control system.
- Assisting in the safe start-up and shut-down of all plants and ancillary equipment.
- Ensuring that hourly checks, including close monitoring of process units are carried out.
- Carry out weekly checks, including housekeeping and ensure they are suitably actioned.
- Contribute to a ‘right first time’ policy and help to ensure that all orders are met on time and within specification.
- Operating the safe use of forklift trucks and ensure checks are completed on relevant vehicles.
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks such as replacing valves, seals, checking filters etc. Report more complex maintenance problems to Manager / Supervisor.
- Carry out laboratory tasks and analytical work as required to maintain orders.
- Assist in the training of staff in some aspects of the Operators role.
- Load and unload tankers, ensuring paperwork, analysis and transfer is carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Contribute to a ‘Continuous Improvement’ process within shift to improve, optimise and make safer processes and operations
Health / Safety and Environment:
- Contribute to a safe conclusion in the event of an emergency and assist in the shut-down of equipment.
- Contribute to a good approach to Food Hygiene, HACCP and Quality and ensure all relevant regulations are met.
- Exhibit an awareness of COSHH, risk assessment and general process safety.
- Contribute to an excellent safety culture in general and specifically with regard to manual handling, Vehicle/Pedestrian safety, PPE and Accident incident reporting.
- Follow the company spill response procedure is followed, with a priority on ensuring there is not an uncontrolled release to water course.
Personnel / Supervisory:
- Assist management in implementing a training programme for all operators, including new starters.
- Troubleshoot problems and solve basic issues and if required report to Manager / Supervisor.
- Liaise and coordinate with other Treatt departments to maximise efficiency across the company.
- Contribute towards setting the standard by leading by example and pointing out poor practice to less experienced operators.
- Train to be a First Aider if asked to do so.
- Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the General Description which may be subject to change from time to time.
- Act in the best interest of Treatt at all times.
Education and Training
- A Full Driving Licence is essential
- Forklift Licence (Counterbalance and Lateral Stacker)
- Experience and/or training as a Banksman
- A First Aid at Work qualification
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous knowledge of a similar manufacturing environment is desirable
- Experience of training colleagues would be beneficial
What we're looking for
We are seeking someone with previous experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally with Bulking and/or Distillation experience. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high attention to detail, with an ability to learn new processes quickly, and a natural acumen for quality and health and safety. We are looking for someone who wants to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication. We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
What we’ll do for you
We have an impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us. With everything from private healthcare and life assurance to holiday purchase scheme and share schemes, we’ve got you covered. This role is a shift role which in turn attracts a generous shift premium.