Job title: Communications Manager
Reporting to: Global Marketing Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Communications Manager is responsible for the effective development and delivery of the regional campaign plans for North America, UK, Europe and APAC. The successful candidate will drive strategy, as well as work with colleagues to conceptualise exciting global campaigns that are all designed to deliver sustainable growth for the business.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Designing and implementing integrated multichannel communications strategies and tactical campaigns, aligned with regional inbound and account-based marketing strategies
• Working with Content and Creative colleagues to build and deploy global campaign assets through CRM, email, social media, website, and advertising channels
• Overseeing the design and execution of new product launch initiatives
• Working with Brand, Content and Sustainability functions to ensure all global messaging is optimised and aligned with our evolving VP
• Managing all global PR activities and Media Planning for the Group
• Managing global internal communications initiatives
• Report on marketing performance to senior management
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• A degree (or relevant) in a Marketing discipline.
• At least five years’ experience of managing ambitious and complex multichannel campaigns within a B2B environment.
• You will be obsessed with the customer, staying ahead of the curve when it comes to the latest marketing technologies and thrive in an environment that celebrates your unique contribution to a diverse team.
• Strong writing and editing skills (for brand voice, style, grammar and punctuation)
• Excellent research and interviewing skills
• Strong project management and organisational skills; ability to juggle multiple projects successfully and prioritize tasks effectively
• Experience working with stakeholders at a senior level
• Excellent communication, collaboration and consensus-building skills – ability to work with cross-functional teams including upstream content contributors and downstream content activators
• Experience working with a CRM would be advantageous, but not essential
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.