Citrus Category Manager
Reporting to: Category Management
Location: Lakeland, USA
This role is to ensure the Treatt Group grows and maximises return from its Citrus Beverage ingredients business. The post holder will be responsible for citrus ingredients for consumer product manufacturers. Leading strategic direction for this area of the citrus category, this person will be responsible for financial performance of the portfolio, as well as product lifecycle and inventory management. It is also their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies, and continually innovate with Treatt team members to drive the success of the portfolio. Increased sales, contribution and communications are the objective of the role.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Collaborate with and lead key stakeholders to create and then execute the strategy for the category, relevant to the wider business strategy.
• In collaboration with Commercial and Innovation management teams, lead the identification, evaluation and implementation of growth opportunities and the corresponding product offerings
• Act as the principal point of contact for the category to ensure clarity and consistent approach within the company for the portfolio including identifying gaps in the portfolio and instigating initiatives to fill those gaps
• Manage financial performance of the category including assisting in guiding selling prices, internal costing and implementation of contribution improvements
• Understand all internal aspects of the category from procurement, manufacturing to sale and be aware of ongoing activities in the category
• Understand external aspects of the category from raw material to end use markets, trends, competition benchmarking and underserviced markets communicating internally where appropriate
• Manage material life cycles within the portfolio from spotlight selection to obsolescence/discontinuation and inventory.
• Provide education opportunities regarding the portfolio to ensure product awareness (existing and new products) through collation of existing knowledge as well as provision of new information
• Assist in JDE housekeeping for product portfolio
• Act in the best interest of Treatt PLC at all times
• All other duties as assigned and customary
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
• Customer focused mindset with strong interest in citrus beverage market
• A strong understanding of the marketplace and technologies associated with citrus ingredients for consumer product manufacturers
• Commercial acumen on beverage ingredients for consumer goods manufacturers
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to lead, manage, motivate and influence teams and colleagues
• Curiosity, drive and determination to launch initiatives and make continuous improvements in all aspects of the portfolio
• Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• The capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail
• Experience in data collection, extraction and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
• Ability to find creative and positive ways to get the right people together who can make true differences in all aspects of the portfolio
• University degree in business management, a technical field or equivalent experience
• 5 years’ experience in the citrus beverage industry, in a commercial, technical or production role
• Ideally at least 2 years’ experience in a product/category management role
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a performance related bonus, generous vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.