Job title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reporting to: Accounts Payable Controller
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for supporting the Accounts Payable Controller in ensuring the timely recognition of liabilities, prompt resolution of supplier queries and timely payment of invoices due.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 450 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Maintenance of supplier Masterfile data, including the set-up of new supplier records and the update of data associated with existing suppliers (more commonly payment terms, banking information).
• Responsible for adherence to controls procedures to independently verify the authenticity of advised changes to supplier banking information.
• Supporting the AP Controller with the operation of the Kofax system and validation of invoices passing to OnBase.
• Timely registration (logging) of all invoices to ensure our liabilities are recorded at the earliest opportunity.
• Timely redistribution of allocated non-stock supplier invoices.
• Ensuring all invoice queries are tracked and concluded swiftly to minimise any instances of late payment.
• Primary responsibility for the raising of non-stock purchase orders as submitted by business owners, ensuring these have been approved in accordance with the prevailing authorisation matrix.
• Providing regular support to the generation and processing of weekly/monthly supplier payments – ACH, SEPA, Wires and manual payments.
• Preparation, review and payment of quarterly sales commissions.
• Provide absence cover for month end close reporting
• Support the wider Finance team with adhoc business projects and administrative duties, as required.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• Prior experience of all aspects of Accounts Payable, preferably 4+ years’ experience.
• Intermediate excel skills as a minimum.
• Experience of using and extracting data from financial accounting systems.
• Previous experience of using a business ERP system is advantageous.
• Experience of raising multi-currency payments preferable
• Accounts Excellent organisation and time management skills.
• Thorough and logical approach to tasks.
• High attention to detail and pride in quality of work
• Cooperative and supportive team player.
• Ability to work independently and under their own initiative when required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible approach to working hours, as required, to deliver against priorities.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.