Job title: Technical Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Global Business Development Manager - Speciality Aroma Chemicals
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
Do you have a passion for Sales and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment - do you enjoy the buzz of winning new business and closing a sale? If you’re nodding right now, then we might be just what you’ve been looking for – so read on.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
What you’ll be doing
Due to the growth of our Speciality Aroma Chemicals division, we are looking for someone to join and strengthen our existing team. You will be…..
• Working in the speciality aroma chemical team to execute our global high impact chemical sales strategy, supporting the wider Treatt global sales strategy.
• Meeting and surpassing agreed financial targets.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships with key customers via frequent visits globally, identifying new opportunities & supporting strategies of Key Account Plans.
• Working closely with our strategic manufacturing partners to identify new growth opportunities.
• Co-ordinating the involvement of team members from other departments including purchasing, customer service, marketing, R&D and applications in order to meet chemical sales strategy.
• Establishing and adjusting selling prices by monitoring costs, competition plus supply and demand.
• Maintaining margin expectations and involvement with budget setting for product group.
• Providing regular, comprehensive descriptions of sales activity, by communication with the rest of the commercial team.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
Ideally you will have a degree in Chemistry / related scientific subject or a science background and/or technical sales experience. You will possess bags of energy and drive. Excellent presentations skills, communication, negotiation and closing skills are a must along with a strong business acumen and a very keen eye for detail. You must have the confidence and poise to initiate conversations with senior executives in diverse markets and functions. You will also be a self-starter with the eagerness plus ability to understand complex topics then disseminate them to varied audiences. You should be emotionally intelligent and a great team player. A full UK driving license, a valid passport and a passion for international travel is imperative!
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; discretionary annual bonus; BUPA; pension scheme with 9% employer contribution; life assurance, group income protection, eyesight testing, free shares. As well as our mandatory training we also offer courses around personal development and wellbeing.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.