Job title: Supply Chain Assistant
Reporting to: Global Procurement Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
The Supply Chain Assistant will provide the global supply chain function with general administrative support, working cross functionally and championing teamwork. This role will ensure the successful transfer of products between the UK to the US, working collaboratively with colleagues at both sites. Managing packaging stock levels at a global level and streamlining deliveries.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Customer Care Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Raising purchase orders and internal work orders
• Review inventory reports and cascading data to stakeholders
• Run contract reports and MRP
• Order and coordinate packaging deliveries
• Managing stock transfers between locations to maintain optimum inventory levels
• Maintaining and updating spreadsheets
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general role description and job title
• Behave in all ways congruent with Treatt values, also keeping health and safety at the forefront of everything
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
Ideally you will meet the following:
• Data extraction, analysis, and administration
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Collaborative, team-player, able to interact effectively regionally and globally
• Motivated self-starter - possesses drive, energy, and ambition. A can-do attitude with a pro-active hands-on approach to all tasks
• Knowledge and experience of MRP. Strong ERP systems knowledge
• The ability to communicate complex issues effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing across all levels within the business
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently or in a team
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse a high volume of data and produce recommendations
• Excellent attention to detail
• Confident and highly organised
• Experience of working within the Flavour & Fragrance industry or with Packaging
• Experience dealing with large volumes of data
• Experience using JD Edwards (JDE)
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.