Job title: QA Compliance Coordinator
Reporting to: QA Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
The Quality Assurance department is a Technical team that ensures the Quality, Safety, Authenticity and Legality of the products offered by Treatt. The company is certified to several different assurance schemes such at the British Retail Consortium Global Standard for Food Safety, FEMAS, Kosher and Halal.
The Quality Assurance Compliance Coordinator ensures our products meet the required Quality standards through the establishment and maintenance of the Quality Management System, the investigation of non-conformities and internal auditing.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• To help maintain 3rd party certification held by the group (such as the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, FEMAS).
• To respond to customer queries that relate to food safety or the quality management system
• To collaborate with the process development teams to ensure food safety requirements are met during the development of new products and processes. To ensure these product and processes meet our certification requirements such as the BRC global standard for food safety and religious certification.
• To maintain food safety documentation on production equipment, consumables and chemicals.
• To write procedures to support the QMS and prerequisite programme.
• To review and sign customer specifications received by the business.
• To assist the QA coordinators investigating complaints and internal non-conformities by implementing longer term preventative actions required from investigations. To review and sign off preventative actions.
• To carry out internal audits as a member of the internal audit team. If required, to undergo internal auditor training.
• To technically review and sign off proposed changes to internal company specifications and product formulations.
• To perform food safety approvals of new products set up by the innovation team.
• To keep up to date with food safety legislation and emerging safety concerns for the business.
• To provide technical support to the purchasing, production, sales and planning department.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• Previous experience of working in a quality assurance role (minimum 2 years).
• A track record of successful team working in a manufacturing environment.
• Training in HACCP principles and Food Hygiene are required (Level 3 is desirable).
• Previous experience of working in a Quality Assurance role at a GFSI certified site is preferred.
• Use of Microsoft office is required. Experience of ERP systems such as SAP or JD Edwards is desirable.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.