Job title: Quality Assurance Compliance Coordinator
Reporting to: Technical Compliance Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week (Temporary contract for up to 18 months)
Treatt are suppliers into the flavour, fragrance, food and beverage and animal feed sectors. The company is certified to several different assurance schemes such at the British Retail Consortium Global Standard for Food Safety, FEMAS, Kosher and Halal.
The Quality Assurance Compliance Coordinator ensures our products meet the required Quality standards through the maintenance of the Quality Management System, the investigation of non-conformities and internal auditing.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Investigating customer complaints and internal non-conformities to identify the root cause. Working with other departments to develop agreed corrective and preventative actions and write up reports closing the non-conformity.
• Coordinate, support and maintain the Quality Management System.
• To help maintain 3rd party certification held by the group (such as the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, FEMAS).
• To coordinate the internal audit team and ensure that internal audits are completed to schedule. Carry out internal audits as a member of the audit team.
• Ensure that audit corrective action plans are implemented and completed.
• Provide technical support to 2nd and 3rd party quality audits of the company.
• Carry out and review vulnerability assessments on raw materials used by the company.
• Carry out validation studies of processes and equipment.
• Test the traceability and recall systems and perform mass balance checks.
• Review and approval of procedures.
• To provide technical support to the purchasing, production, sales and planning department.
• To contribute to continuous improvement in the Quality Department (e.g. suggestions on improvements in efficiency, cost cutting and improvements in effectiveness of operation).
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• Previous experience of working in a quality assurance role.
• A track record of successful team working in a manufacturing environment.
• Training in HACCP, food hygiene and internal auditing is preferred.
• Technical expertise: Previous experience of working in a Quality Assurance role involving the investigation of non-conformities and internal auditing is preferred.
• Business/IT Knowledge: Use of Microsoft office is required. Preferably experience of ERP systems such as SAP or JD Edwards.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.