Job title: Coffee & Tea Production Shift Manager
Reporting to: Extractions Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
Responsible for the operation of department, supporting the Department Manager with the day-to-day management of their area, overseeing all shifts, and ensuring a safe and an efficient operation in achieving business targets. Provide leadership and line management to the team, coordinating their workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met to the requirements of the customer. Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, whilst fostering a culture of working safely.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
STRATEGY AND PLANNING
• Implement and design a loss capturing system to identify top losses in Warehouse and to report accurately and effectively on the daily progress of production including any delays and their root causes to the Departmental Manager, so that adequate decisions can be made to minimize effects on customer deliveries, production efficiency and future production planning.
• Lead a ‘right first time’ policy and help to ensure that all orders are met on time and within specification.
• Liaise with Quality department to ensure corrective measures are in place to identify root cause of all resamples done in Manufacturing.
• Ensure high standards of housekeeping and 5S are always maintained within the department and the surrounding outside buildings.
• Ensure all Service Level Agreement are met for Goods In, Samples and Despatch and effective communication between stakeholders.
• Reviews, agrees, and executes production plan. Updates Planning department and Departmental Manager with any foreseen issues with plan or delays in the plan.
• Decision making skills that protect all Operator levels, product, and the company. Consult Departmental Manager for any decisions that exceeds day to day operations.
• Generates and schedules work orders per the production plan. Oversees the closing out of all work orders upon production completion.
• Responsible for scheduling all waste and effluent generated from processing and ensure all processes are followed to allow for safe disposal.
• Resourcing map is done throughout the shift to ensure effective coverage within the department per the production plan.
• Ability to properly receive department RM into JDE in the absence of Receiving Team. Ensures QC samples are submitted to Quality Department in timely manner as per the Service Level agreement.
• Ensure SOPs are relevant and up to date. Make changes if required and report major deviations to Departmental Manager. Ensure all the operators are operating safety and all the Safety Critical Tasks are trained and Training records up to date. Manage and ensure Skills station is updated.
• To support delivery and deployment of a lean culture and behavior in the organization. Contribute to a ‘Continuous Improvement’ process to improve, through the Operational Scorecard optimize and make safer processes and operations. Lead a ‘Continuous Improvement’ process within shift to improve, optimize and make safer processes and operations. Review and seek to improve labor and equipment efficiencies in conjunction with the Departmental Manager and ensure all savings are documented.
• Audit findings and all major audits are passed.
• Maintain high standards of GMP & BRC compliance in all aspects of production.
• Exhibit a good awareness of COSHH, risk assessment, HAZOP and general process safety and ensure this is communicated to all staff. Take the lead in introducing an excellent safety culture in general and specifically to manual handling, Vehicle / Pedestrian safety, PPE and Accident / incident reporting.
• Take the lead in an emergency as a SIC (Site Incident Controller) and ensure that the priorities of Personnel, the environment, followed by plant / equipment, are looked after, in that order. Make sure that a role call is taken out of hours and liaise as required with Emergency Personnel and Treatt senior staff.
• Exhibit a wide awareness of OSHA, risk assessment and general process safety.
• Contribute to a good approach to Food Hygiene, HACCP and Quality and ensure all relevant regulations are met.
• Carry out direct report responsibilities for all Operator levels, including holiday approval, sickness monitoring, return to work interviews etc. Ensure that minimum staffing levels are maintained.
• Monitoring team performance, and working with HR to address poor performance, supported by the Departmental Manager where required. One to Ones are done across the department as well as across manufacturing with objectives rolled out to manufacturing and performance management system is in place.
• Support the Departmental Manager in delivery and implementation of a training improvement program for all Operator levels.
• Rollout of the training plans as per requirements together with Continuous Improvement Training included in the plan.
• In conjunction with the Departmental Manager, to maintain a skills matrix and to identify potential skills shortages and succession planning within departments.
• Development of Toolbox Talks and Risk Assessment carried out in line with the required schedule and that the Team Leaders are leading this daily ensuring a continuous improvement culture within the production area.
• Operator training programmed is in place across all the shift ensuring all gaps are identified and closed through a training plan per operators.
• Ensuring the KPi’s Scorecard and visual management boards are updated daily with build / future status and all actions are escalated. Ensure departmental are up to do date and that relevant problem solving is done on your highest loss areas.
• To promote the right employee behavior and conduct of employees through coaching and mentoring to increasing morale through involvement, training, and recognition.
What we’re looking for
• More than one year of technical training, certification, and/or vocational classes or course work in a specialized area.
• Ability to obtain HAACP Certification
• Ability to obtain Food Management Certification
• Knowledge of GMP requirements
• An understanding of BRC and Customer Quality Standards.
• Ability to Gain or possess knowledge of working within a LEAN environment.
• Be competent in computer operation and produce reports, use email and enter data as required (including the use of JDE system).
• Proven Production experience which demonstrates the ability to deliver a production plan effectively
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.