Job title:Production Planner
Reporting to:Global Procurement & Planning Director
Location: Lakeland, USA
The Opportunity (General Summary)
This role will be responsible for coordinating the production workflow for all products at the Lakeland facility, assisting in the planning and prioritization of operations to ensure maximum performance and efficiency. Performing capacity analysis to determine labor requirements, production utilization, and raw materials needed to cover production demand will be a key aspect of this role. The Production Planner will also be responsible for scheduling correct quantities to meet customer demand by product, and in the allotted timeframe.
The Production Planner must gain a deep understanding of the products, processes, capacity, inventory levels, customer requirements and systems as well as regularly coordinating with all internal stakeholders, especially procurement, operations, and commercial teams. You will be expected to be able to work independently as well as part of a larger team and be self-motivated with the ability to make decisions in real time. Innovating with Treatt team members and stakeholders, supporting the global department and championing Teamwork are important aspects to this function.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Plan and direct the activities of production planning, inventory control, and assurance of meeting shipment targets
• Working closely with all functions, especially Operations, Commercial, and Procurement to analyze production specifications and plant data to determine manufacturing processes, capacity and resource requirements and recommend best utilization
• Analyze demand forecasts, inventory levels and production capacity to determine short-range schedules and long-range critical capacity limitation
• Understand S&OP processes, forecasting, capacity planning and labor utilization
• Be competent in computer operation and produce reports and evaluate data as required (including the use of JDE ERP system)
• Monitor the status of various customer orders and act accordingly to maintain on time deliveries
• Analyze and interpret BOM requirements to determine needs in addition can manage additional demand and need for materials in the production process.
• Schedule production engineering requests for maintenance/repair services to equipment
• Be the first point of contact for all planning and production inquiries/orders requiring processing; assist with prioritizing orders, responding to LTR’s (lead time requests), critical demand and smoothing the production loads
• Raise and monitor works orders through all status levels; including stock adjustments/movements and liaise with all departments to ensure lead times are not exceeded
• Review contract stock each week; liaise with necessary departments to meet the forecast dates and develop the relationship between sales and production to understand future demand
• Ensure ERP and other planning tools are used to enable accurate interpretation of demand, including capacity planning, demand profiles and scenario planning
• Run contract reports and MRP
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general role description and job title which may be subject to change from time to time
• Help to foster and promote both an employee health & safety and food safety culture
• Act in the best interests of Treatt PLC at all times by demonstrating Treatt values
What we’re looking for
• Experience working within the Flavor & Fragrance industry
• Experience working with S&OP processes
• Solid understanding of raw material markets
• Experience using JD Edwards (JDE) Preferred
• Organization skills: You must be a self-motivator with the ability to properly manage and prioritize your time to plan and implement multiple projects and tasks in which you are able to complete within clearly defined deadlines.
• Communication skills: It is important to be able to listen, speak and write clearly and with clarity. You will need to establish and maintain effective communication with peers and senior management, be able to facilitate meetings, create reports as well as present to senior managers.
• Creativity skills: A creative capacity is required to assist in generating solutions to unique issues
• Challenge: You must be able to critically evaluate individual processes, projects, and ideas and when you see a better way forward, present that way to the best of your ability to move the organization forward.
• Integrity: An undivided and unbiased approach is required. You will be trustworthy, hold the confidence of others and be committed to doing the right thing.
• Teamwork: A desire to deliver a quality end user experience to both internal and external stakeholders is key to this post, and relationship building is essential to do that. You must earn trust, respect, and credibility to properly perform this role.
• Pride & Passion: It is your job to become customer of choice to our suppliers. This is accomplished by truly loving what you do and continually driving improvements.
Open office and lab environment – typical spacious room, desks close together. You will spend time in operations, distillation and QC for training and understanding purposes.
Mainly desk-based, sitting and / or standing (your choice) for long periods of time during the course of the day with high levels of computer usage.
Ad-hoc as required; specifically, to our UK site in Bury St. Edmunds, UK
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.