Job title: Product Stability Specialist (One Year Internship) US
Reporting to: QA Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, USA
Treatt are a trusted ingredients manufacturer and solutions provider to the global flavor, fragrance, and consumer goods markets. The validation group ensures that Treatt products conform to all applicable safety and legal requirements and meet customer’s quality expectations.
The product stability specialist works within the Quality Assurance team to validate the shelf life and storage conditions of Treatt products.
The scope of this role includes materials received and produced by all Treatt global manufacturing sites.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The duties and tasks of the Product Stability Specialist involve:
• Planning and performing stability studies on existing products to ensure they meet regulatory, safety and quality parameters.
• Perform laboratory testing as part of stability studies including wet chemical tests, gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, pH, microbiological tests, and sensory testing.
• Arrange external testing with approved laboratories to support the stability testing program.
• Using the data from stability studies advise appropriate shelf lives and storage conditions to Treatt products, intermediates, and raw materials.
• Perform testing on stock nearing the expiry date to determine if the stock is of a suitable quality and a review of the products shelf life is appropriate. Provide supporting data to QA/QC managers.
• Identify and investigate markers of aging in products and raw materials and use these to set appropriate specifications.
• Ensure that storage and shipping conditions are appropriate to ensure the safety and quality of products and raw materials. Contribute to projects involving the improvement of storage and shipping conditions.
• Investigate customer complaints related to shelf life and provide appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
• Keep up to date with industry guidelines on the best practice for stability testing to continuously improve the stability testing program.
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general description.
• Maintaining logs and communication records as required by the Quality Assurance Team.
• Employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what they do at work.
What we’re looking for
• Previous experience working on product testing and food safety is preferred.
• Previous experience performing stability studies in related industries is preferred.
• Business/IT Knowledge: Use of Microsoft office is required. Experience of ERP systems such as SAP or JD Edwards is desirable.
• Integrity: An undivided and unbiased state is required while executing tasks. You will be trustworthy, hold confidence and be able to demonstrate resilience when faced with tough situations.
• Organization skills: You must be a self-motivator with the ability to support, plan and implement multiple investigatory projects as required with clearly defined deadlines. Strong attention to detail is needed together with the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Communication skills: Establish and maintain effective written and oral communication with peers and senior management with the ability to lead and motivate others with tact and diplomacy. It is important to be able to speak, listen, and write well as well as to hold presentations, facilitate meetings and create reports.
• People skills/relationship building: A desire to deliver a quality end user experience. Relationship building is required among key stakeholders to earn trust, respect and credibility with productive interactions. Team-working skills are required with the ability to lead and motivate others.
• IT skills: Particularly in relation to using databases and familiarity with commercial software.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.