Job title: Manufacturing Trainer
Reporting to: Manufacturing Excellence Manager
Location: Lakeland, FL, USA
The primary and essential duty of a Trainer is to drive continuous improvement culture through ensuring training. He/she must make sure that the business activities of the organization are carried out within a regulatory OSHA framework and that the team within manufacturing are deemed competent and safe to perform their jobs.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator.
What you’ll be doing
• To write, maintain and update the training material and standard operating procedures to constantly meet the needs of our business.
• Plan and deliver effective and engaging training focusing on regulatory and mandatory training, using a range of training methods to motivate, validate and meet the needs of the different learning styles.
• Provide learners with all relevant information e.g. policies, SOPs and regulations to clarify what is expected from them and to ensure their safety.
• Related administration and maintenance of the training database within the defined timescales ensuring all training is logged on database.
• Monitoring and reviewing progress of learners through on the job assessment and observation.
• Work collaboratively with Shift Managers and Department Managers to ensure all training delivered is in line with the on-going operational plan and all training needs are fulfilled.
• Maintain own expertise by keeping up to date with new processes, key developments, updates, and changes to deliver an effective and efficient service to colleagues and stakeholders.
• Induct and train all new colleagues into the business ensuring follow up training is completed within the time frame set and according to the competency program.
• Manage & monitor SkillStation. Ensure training is up to date.
• Engage with Department Managers for any training requirements, including new starter training, training plans & assessments.
• Create & manage Weekly plan for training for Training Team.
What we’re looking for
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) 2-5 years of proven experience of working within Production, Operations or Factory environment as an Area Trainer or equivalent.
• Proven experience of working within Production, Operations or Factory environment as an Area Trainer or equivalent
• Experience of coaching/mentoring colleagues with various abilities.
• Flexibility to adjust training techniques according to individual learning abilities.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Basic working knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Train the trainer qualification or equivalent (or willing to undertake this training).
• Cogent Assessor Training (desirable).
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Valid forklift certification.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of SkillStation as admin.
• Level 3 PTLLS certificate (desirable).
• IOSH qualification (desirable).
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.