Job title: Manufacturing Administrator
Reporting to: Manufacturing Excellence Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35-40 hours per week (18 month contract)
The ideal candidate will be experienced, passionate and self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver a consistently high level of administration.
This is a fast paced position that requires someone who is proactive and positive with the enthusiasm to continually learn and support the development of the department.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
• Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance
• Printing of distillation labels for production for the week
• Ensuring consumables are stocked across site for both manufacturing and distillation
• Scanning of distillation records
• Comms boards throughout Manufacturing and Distillation are updated with most recent scorecards
o Upload all training onto skills station
o Monthly report of any expired training across manufacturing and distillation
o Follow up to ensure this is factored into the daily plan
• Organisation of distillation office
o Relocation ready with any records that need scanning and saving
o Organisation of production and manufacturing to facilitate minimal downtime and effective traceability and compliance to both COMAH and BRC.
• SOP s updated
Relocation ready activities which will require additional help in facilitating
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• GSCE grade C (or equivalent in Maths and English
• Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communicator (Written and Verbal) at all times
• Ability to help in other areas when needed
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to work under pressure
• Possess excellent organisational, numerical and communication skills
• Be flexible to learn new skills
• Excellent computer skills knowledge of MS Office
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.