Job title: Junior Flavourist / Flavourist
Reporting to: Global Analytical Innovation Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full-time / Part-time
The objective of this role is to continue the development and promotion of the flavourist role within Treatt, act as a gatekeeper for the Creative Toolbox, develop new tonalities as required in line with the Treatt pillars, provide support for the Applications and Matching teams together with evaluation of new products developed by the R&D team.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 350 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley Dennis, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
• Learn and characterize the tonalities of Treatt’s citrus portfolio
• Learn and characterize the tonalities of specific non-citrus oils and natural aroma chemicals
• Actively work on customer briefs that require new flavour creation
• Support business development managers with customer enquiries, including attendance at customer meetings, presenting Treatt products and conducting bench days with customers to provide a bespoke service.
• Collaboration with applications when required to create bespoke customer solutions
• Provide training and support for the matching team
• Development of new flavour tonalities which have the potential for commercial viability
• Work with Planning, Sales and Procurement to resolve any production issues which require flavourist support
• Keep up to date on current market flavour trends and competitor products to suggest areas for new product development.
• Literature research on flavour ingredients and reaction chemistry
• Continuous self-directed learning of Flavour chemistry
• Promote and represent the company during international events and exhibitions
• Undergo training in areas specific to Treatt plc business as required.
• Ensure that the working area in the laboratory is maintained in a clean and orderly condition and that any hazard or potential hazard is reported to the Line Manager or H&S Officer
• Perform such other tasks that may be required from time to time
• Act in the best interest of Treatt PLC at all times
• Employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what they do at work
What we’re looking for
• Educated to at least Degree level (Honours) in Science related discipline
• A full UK driving license and a full valid Passport
• Recognised Flavour Training or a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to take initiative, manage changing priorities and work independently
• Experience of flavour creation, including formulation and blending
• Keeping up to date with current market flavour trends and competitor products
• Curiosity, drive and determination to make continuous improvements in all aspects of the portfolio
• Commercial mindset
• Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to motivate and influence teams and colleagues
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, then you may be who we are looking for.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a healthy work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.