Job title: Import Coordinator
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Reporting to: Import & Export Procurement Manager
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
The Opportunity(General Summary)
Provide exceptional support and service to Procurement and Customer Service as well as our suppliers by organizing and scheduling of all import shipments. Primary responsibilities include working with Procurement to organize shipments of all raw materials from our suppliers as well as RCT, in the most efficient and economical ways available and communicating details of those shipments to impacted parties. This position would ensure all applicable logistics’ regulations are met and would work with our customs clearance agent on a regular basis as well as with agencies such as the FDA and customs as required. Monitoring shipments closely, any delays would be communicated to relevant parties within the business with the goal of reducing as many disruptions as possible.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
After training, your responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate all aspects of all imports into Treatt USA, via air or ocean shipment.
• Review upcoming inbound shipments, plan and monitor dock calendar appointments and scheduling.
• Work with the FDA and customs to solve problems and inquiries on clearance issues.
• Develop and sustain an excellent rapport and working relationship with Treatt’s customs clearance agent, understanding all details of the necessary documents and procedures for importing.
• Conduct an annual review of our agents’ services and costs to ensure top performance and best prices.
• Track the ETA of all imports, update details in JDE, and communicate status’ to Procurement, Customer Services, Planning, Production and Distillation.
• Keep proper and organized records and make available to other Treatt departments and auditors when requested.
• Check / verify and approve payment of freight and AIT invoices
• Work with QC and receiving to maintain the ALLO dashboard and push material into stock.
• Have a working knowledge of how to inspect, weigh, label and sample incoming deliveries and audit related receiving logs, files, documents and JDE data.
• Coordinate the return of goods from customers when necessary
• Remain knowledgeable and current on hazmat, international and domestic logistics’ regulations and communicate those as necessary.
• Work with colleagues at RC Treatt in negotiating the best global shipping rates possible.
• Cross train with the Inbound Specialist acting as backup when required.
• Undergo training in areas specific to Treatt’s business as required.
• Assist other departments when needed.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt USA at all times.
• All other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
• High school diploma or GED and 2-3 years prior logistics experience required.
• Should be Hazmat certified.
• Previous dealings with customs and international air/ocean shipping a plus.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Computer skills and data entry knowledge.
• Basic math skills/solving.
• Good understanding of Safety policies within a warehousing operation.
• Strong knowledge of how logistics work and what terminology is required to properly schedule and import goods into TUSA
• Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems such as JDE or SAP
• Ability to successfully perform basic math skills including fractions, measurements, additions, subtraction, and conversions
• Ability to communicate complex issues effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing across all levels within the business
• A team player with a positive and proactive hands-on approach to all tasks
• Strong follow-up, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional internal and external customer service skills
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently or in a team
• Ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO