Job title: Import Coordinator
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Reporting to: Strategic Citrus Buyer
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Do you enjoy working within a logistics environment? Does being part of a great team within a company who are a leading supplier of flavor and fragrances excite you – if so read on…
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We overcome challenges, always looking for the better way, working together as one big team.
What you’ll be doing
After training, your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate all aspects of imports for Treatt USA
- Work with the DEA FDA, and Customs to solve problems and inquiries on clearance issues
- Develop and sustain an excellent rapport and working relationship with customs agent, understanding all details of the necessary documents and procedures for importing
- Conduct an annual review of agents’ services and costs to ensure top performance
- Track the ETA of all imports, update details in JDE, and communicate status’ to Procurement, Customer Services, Planning, Production and Distillation
- Attend weekly Production meetings
- Schedule all isotank, tanker, FCL, LCL, FTL and LTL shipments with Receiving and Distillation
- Maintain tanker, new drum and packaging delivery appointments on the inbound calendar
- Keep proper and organized records, and assist the Receiving Department when/if necessary to physically receive shipments in, including sampling drums and ensuring those samples get to QC in a timely fashion
- Remain knowledgeable and current on hazmat, international and domestic logistics’ regulations and communicate those as necessary
- Cross train on export shipments and support outbound logistics acting as backup when required
- Work with colleagues at our UK facility in negotiating the best global shipping rates possible
- Review import policies, procedures and vendors and deliver more efficient and economical ways of importing
- Understand duty drawback and organize a duty drawback program as applicable
- Undergo training in areas specific to business as required
- Raise and follow up with non-conformances reports (NCR’s) when shipments come in improperly for a variety of reasons
- Act in the best interest of the business at all times
- All other duties as assigned and customary
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is experienced in using Excel, Outlook, and Word. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written is essential. You must be organised, methodical, able to multi-task and work to deadlines. You must also be able to interrogate data and identify trends/patterns. Team working and the ability to work independently is essential. Dangerous goods knowledge and training would be advantageous.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay; discretionary annual bonus; 401K with 6% employer matching; group health, dental and vision insurance; company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance; and free stock. As well as our mandatory training, we also offer courses around personal development and well-being.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO