Job title: HSE Manager
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
We are looking for an outstanding safety professional to support our transition to a new world class, highly regulated manufacturing and science facility located in Bury St Edmunds.”
The purpose of this role is to support, facilitate and continuously improve the company’s overall safety performance through leading and driving our health and behavioral safety strategy.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Ensure environmental and process management compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation.
• Maintaining Health & Safety procedures and policy in line with the management system.
• Coordinate the key safety and regulatory compliance actions to ensure compliance as an Upper Tier COMAH facility.
• Liaise with the Competent Authority, HSE, EA, emergency responders, insurers and other appropriate authorities and bodies on behalf of the company.
• Further develop the strategy, coordinating activities to enhance a ‘behavioural safety’ culture on site.
• Provide leadership and support for ‘human factors’ assessments and monitoring on site.
• Lead and coordinate COSHH procedures and controls on site.
• Working with the Facilities team, monitor contractors on site for Health & Safety compliance.
• Scope out the requirements to initiate ISO 14001 compliance on site.
• Produce monthly Health & Safety reports and provide an annual report for the Board.
• Identify opportunities for continuous health and safety improvements, conducting project work including preparing reports and presenting information as required.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• NEBOSH National Diploma Level 6
• 5 years plus post qualification experience in medium to high-risk business
• An understanding and/or experience of COMAH regulations
• Experience of safety culture and behavioural change programmes
• The ability to train and represent at all levels
• Legal & technical understanding of H&S regulations
• Excellent communication skills and strong influencing skills, the ability to build strong relationships and the ability to win the hearts and minds of the team
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.