Job title: Formulation Control Analyst
Reporting to: Process Control Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
The objective of this role is to provide technical knowledge and support to the manufacturing department by making and testing production prototype blends in order to fulfil orders on a larger scale. This role also includes providing a service to the distillation department with technical analysis and in process fraction running, advising on process changes, issues and next steps.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 400 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Analysing fractions, making distillation trial blends and giving recommendations on final bulks to the bulking and planning department (this includes analysis on trial blends and adjusting where necessary).
• Making up trial blends from stock, testing against the specification, adjusting where necessary and making final recommendations on finished bulks to the bulking and planning department.
• Troubleshooting issues and problem solving within all aspects of the role (includes but not limited to: distillation, stock control, bulking, blending and lab equipment).
• Displaying an understanding, ability to use and maintain the equipment of Gas Chromatography, Refractive Index, Optical Rotation and Density.
• Sampling fresh ingredients from over the site for lab use.
• Carrying out regular calibration and maintenance of the measuring instruments as prescribed by the working practices in the laboratory.
• Ensuring the timely release of samples and results.
• Performing project work to focus on efficiencies, new products and processes
• Running the pilot still to investigate process improvements and issues
• Undertaking a shift pattern where necessary in order to continue a high level of service to internal customers
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has a degree in science based discipline, and wants to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication. Candidates with significant experience without a degree will also be considered. We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and research and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.