Job title: Facilities Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
As the Administrative Assistant you will be the first face of Treatt, whether in person or over the telephone. You will play a vital role in greeting new employees, UK colleagues, customers, suppliers, and other visitors with a professional, positive, and helpful attitude. You will also help with new employee onboarding and assist with a variety of administrative tasks as required.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Answering switchboard, transferring calls and / or taking messages as appropriate.
• Signing in visitors/contractors and ensuring paperwork (H&S Forms) are correctly filled in, issue PPE if required and contact the relevant host to let them know the visitor/contractor/driver is on site.
• Issuing Tensor cards and maintaining the Tensor system, including maintaining a log of temporary Tensor cards for staff.
• Maintaining stock of PPE for reception / sorting used PPE when returned and wash safety specs for re-use.
• Preparing meeting rooms for visitors, with PPE, drinks and food as required and clearing the meeting rooms after visitors leave.
• Receiving incoming post, sorting, and distributing, if any post is marked urgent for homeworkers, email and scan if required.
• Sending incoming samples to the sample office.
• Stamping and mailing outgoing post.
• Scanning of all process documents and transfer to appropriate locations.
• Managing, monitoring, and distributing kitchen provisions and guest visit provisions.
• Stock, inventory, and order stationery and other office supplies as well as keeping the supply cabinets neat and labelled.
• Assist Sales, Procurement and Innovations with organizing Customer and Supplier meetings in the office – book meeting rooms, request required personnel, and set up refreshments, etc.
• Book hotel rooms and airport transfers for visitors from the UK and return confirmations in a timely manner.
• Maintain the pool car bookings.
• Keep reception area tidy and ensure it is stocked with sanitizer, wipe down touch points throughout the day.
• Assist staff with maintenance and cleaning issues by passing on messages to the cleaner or facilities management.
• Communication with uniform company regarding uniform program, communicating to uniform company new employee including sizes, changes in sizes and delivery issues within the program.
• Inventory and ordering supplies for cleaning personal as needed.
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the General Description which may be subject to change from time to time.
• Help to foster and promote both an employee health & safety and food safety culture.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt at all times.
What we’re looking for
• High School Diploma or GED
• A minimum of 12 months working in a customer facing role
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to take initiative, be proactive, manage changing priorities and work independently
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
• Build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers
• Excellent attention to detail, friendly and helpful nature
• Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work on own initiative
• Strong PC Literacy including Word & Excel
• Curiosity, drive and determination to make continuous improvements
• Organization skills: An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required. You will hold the capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
• Communication skills: Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing. It is important to be able to speak, listen, and write well as well as hold presentations, facilitate meetings and trainings, and create reports.
• People skills/relationship building: Team-working skills with great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with peers, key stakeholders at varying levels of seniority, and adopt a collaborative approach.
• Integrity: You will be trustworthy, hold confidence and resilience when faced against tough situations.
• IT skills: Advance level of Microsoft Office and business systems and a familiarity with commercial software.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.