Job title: Customer Care Team Leader
Reporting to: Customer Care Team Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Customer Care Team Leader to join and strengthen our existing team.
If you’re a connoisseur of customer service dedicated to making sure that all of our customers, both existing and new, have the very best experience then this might be the ideal job for you.
Supporting our customers with their product experience is one of the most important things that we do here at Treatt and we believe the high level of service that we give to all customers, both old and new, is what gives Treatt its competitive advantage.
The successful candidate will support Treatt’s customer care activities by leading team members, instilling customer care brilliance and identifying upselling opportunities. They will create efficiencies and innovation with team members and key stakeholders and develop procedures to enhance productivity and performance. They will champion teamwork by encouraging collaboration and communication that motivates the team to deliver a great customer experience.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
Tasks include but are not exclusive to:
• To maintain business and customer relations, actively promoting a Customer Centric Culture across the business, leading by example.
• Assist the Customer Care Team Manager in the effective running of the team, including training and troubleshooting, resolving customer questions or complaints
• Monitor and improve performance of team in all aspects of customer care, including conducting regular 1-1 meetings and performance management
• Day to day maintenance of quotes for existing business as well as processing orders, samples and complaints
• Respond promptly to customer / agent requests and queries and maintain good customer / agent relationships
• Communicate relevant information including liaising with other departments and as appropriate
• Maintain accurate and complete data (JDE)
• Assist departmental Managers as required
• Actively promote excellent customer service in all you do in line with customer centric and charter principles
• Fulfil the role of effective Team Player, supporting colleagues, sharing knowledge and undertaking other duties / tasks, appropriate to function, at the discretion of line management, to the benefit of the department and the company.
• Super user for JDE and Sales Force. Sharing knowledge and training where required.
• Utilise all resources available including JDE system and Sales Force to maintain optimal levels of inventory and ensure continuity of supply.
• Maintain a high level of internal and external service provision
• Stakeholder Engagement - advising and supporting stakeholders on business related matters in order to maximise value from opportunities and supply arrangements
What we’re looking for
• GCSE- Grades A to C / 9-4 or Scottish Standard Grades. Secretarial training and qualifications. BTEC First Diploma. Training to City & Guilds, level 2. (NVQ-2).
• A can-do attitude with a pro-active hands-on approach to all tasks
• Relevant experience within the Commercial or Supply Chain field
• Solid technical knowledge relevant to category and portfolio
• A good understanding and experience of using systems in which we operate (JDE, STARS, TIPPS, EXCEL)
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
Our department is busy and sometimes a little noisy so we need someone who can keep calm in all situations whilst being able to bring their own personality to their work.
Good computer skills, accuracy and business to business experience are essential. You should be personable, friendly and supportive and able to work with all levels of staff within the business.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, private healthcare scheme and health cash plan, dental plan, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.