Job title: Credit Controller
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Location: Lakeland, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Opportunity (General Summary)
The role of the Credit Controller is to work alongside the US Commercial team, for the opening of new customer accounts and day-to-day management of credit risk; and work cohesively with the UK Credit Controller to effectively resolve queries and ensure the timely collection of outstanding debts.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Ownership of the Treatt USA (TUSA) customer ledger ensuring balances are accurate and reliable and that the overdue debt position remains actively managed and under control
• Ensuring invoices and credit notes are uploaded to customer online portals, on a timely basis and as relevant, and liaising with Treatt IT and/or the customer helpdesk to overcome any process or data issues
• Working closely with the Sales BDMs and Customer Care team to open new TUSA customer accounts, ensuring procedures and controls are followed and fields are correctly populated
• Ownership of the TUSA customer Masterfile and associated maintenance of mandatory fields to ensure accuracy of trading terms and data reporting
• Reviewing validation reports and investigating records reported to identify, confirm and execute the required actions to address
• Working alongside the Global Credit Controller in the performance of credit checks and setting of customer payment terms
• Credit management of specific Global customer accounts (where trading also originates from other Group companies)
• Proactive management of customer queries preventing settlement of due debts, working with the commercial team to ensure timely resolution
• Daily cash allocation of payments received from customers to ensure accounts are up to date to inform decision-making
• Preparation of the TUSA bi-weekly stop list, to be discussed with the Global Credit Controller prior to distributing to BDMs and Customer Care
• Preparation of TUSA weekly credit note reporting
• Build strong relationships with customers that facilitate the prompt resolution of queries and timely settlement of due invoices
• Meet with the Group Financial Controller and Global Credit Controller on a monthly basis to review the TUSA customer ledger, providing explanations for any overdue amounts or unusual balances
• Work with the Group Financial Controller in determining the level of debt provisioning required on a quarterly basis over the financial year
• Support the UK Finance team in the provision of information for the interim and annual statutory audit
• Support ad-hoc business strategic projects and administration duties, as required
• Providing support to other areas of Finance as and when required
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
• Associates in finance, accounting and/or business
• Intermediate IT skills – in particular Outlook and Excel
• Previous credit control experience essential with 3-5 years’ experience
• Experience of working for a Global organisation preferable
• Previous experience of a business ERP system is advantageous
• Confidence to work with new systems and customer portals
• Proven customer service skills
• Ability to build professional relationships, supportive but not afraid to challenge
• Good attention to detail.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO