Job title: Category Executive
Reporting to: Lead Category Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
The Category Executive will provide data-driven insights and recommendations to support business decision and category management initiatives. They will ensure that the category management team and wider business have the right information available to meet objectives to identify and resolve problems and will assist with delivering on these. It is also their responsibility to work closely with key stakeholders to support implementation and ongoing evaluation of new initiatives.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Using IT solutions, perform data collection, extraction, and manipulation from internal and external sources to obtain relevant, accurate and up-to-date information to support category management initiatives,
• Blend single-source intelligence with all-source data to provide a comprehensive picture, identifying patterns and correlations between different factors,
• Quantitatively measure costs and benefits associated with change work across the business, so the impact of changes is clearly understood, including variance between expected and actual results,
• Model/forecast solution outcomes under different circumstances and scenarios and provide quantitative estimates of potential benefits/risks,
• Taking full-lifecycle ownership of ad-hoc data projects, encompassing requirement gathering and analysis, design specifications, delivery, and evaluation of results,
• In collaboration with category managers, identify and evaluate cost reduction opportunities and make recommendations to Innovations and Operations teams,
• Develop a top-level understanding of the internal and external aspects of all categories from procurement, manufacturing, sales, and markets,
• As required across the categories, undertake JDE housekeeping for product portfolios,
• Be a resource to colleagues for accessing internal knowledge,
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Ideally a degree within business management, technical or equivalent.
• Previous industry experience required, working in a technical capacity for the flavor industry.
• Vast experience in data collection, extraction and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
• A good understanding of the business systems in which we operate (JDE, Stars, MRP) and general business intelligence tools
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.