Job title: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reporting to: DIRECTOR OF SALES
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk or home based
Hours: 35 hours per week
As a business development manager, you will be selling Treatt’s ingredient solutions to key beverage companies and flavour & fragrance houses. You will be given ownership of your sales territory to be able to drive revenue & profitability growth for both existing and new accounts. The role will involve a significant amount of travel to ensure appropriate customer coverage and regular meetings with key departments including category management, marketing, applications, customer care and innovation based at Treatt UK & USA.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Quality Analyst
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Baczewska, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley Dennis, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Responsible for sales & profitability for assigned accounts and growing Treatt’s sales & innovation pipeline.
• Responsible for the management & direction of Treatt’s agents in specific territories (if applicable).
• Planning and attending sales meetings with existing & potential strategic accounts.
• Meet or surpass sales and profit expectations as agreed with Director of Sales and VP Global Sales, for the fiscal year.
• Contribute and assist in the selection of new business partners.
• Pass on new business leads to inside sales team where appropriate.
• Coordinate the involvement of personnel from other departments including category management, marketing, applications, planning, R&D, regulatory & customer service in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
• Establish & adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply & demand.
• Provide regular, comprehensive description of sales activity, by daily communication with Director of Sales and Treatt sales support team, and reports which are expected to immediately follow a customer visit.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt PLC at all times.
• Perform other such tasks as are consistent with the general description.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
Ideally you will have a degree in a science-based discipline, experience of working in a commercial role, or you will have studied a business discipline such as procurement, working within a relevant industry background. Candidates may alternatively have demonstrable experience-based equivalents.
You will have previous B2B sales experience, preference for flavours and ingredients to the food and beverage industry. Proven sales ability with examples of developing business with existing and new customers in an international environment and have strong business acumen and customer focus. Strong communication skills & IT fluency (proficient in MS Office) are also essential. A full UK driving license and a full valid Passport is essential for this role.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a performance related bonus, a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday.
An intensive 12 weeks training period is part of the induction to this role.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.