Job title:Associate Chemicals Category Manager (Maternity cover)
Reporting to: Global Chemicals Category Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
The objectives of this role it to ensure the Treatt Group maximises return from its aroma and high impact chemicals business. The post holder will be part of the team executing our global chemicals category strategy through initiatives involving product lifecycle, inventory management plus analysis of financial performance. It is also their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies, and continually innovate with Treatt team members to make the most of each of these products. Increased sales, contribution and communications are the objective of the role.
You will be a member the chemicals category management team, whose main purpose is the management of the group’s chemicals portfolio, both purchased and manufactured, plus strategic partnerships with customers and suppliers. You will participate in collaborative initiatives with internal and external stakeholders, including the group’s Sales, Technical, Planning, Customer Services, Operations and Marketing functions with the goal of increasing profitability for the aroma and high impact chemicals category. You will also be the primary contact for all significant chemical enquiries for certain Key Accounts, liaising directly with those customers as agreed with the sales management team.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• As part of the Category management team liaise with relevant departments to achieve a high level of market understanding and awareness
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to execute the strategy for the category.
• In collaboration with Global Chemical Category Manager, identify and evaluate growth opportunities
• Act as a point of contact for the category
• Manage financial performance of the category including assisting in guiding selling prices, internal costing and implementation of contribution improvements
• Understand internal aspects of the category from procurement, manufacturing to sale and be aware of ongoing activities in the category
• Understand external aspects of the category from raw material to end use markets.
• Manage material life cycles within the portfolio from spotlight selection to obsolescence/discontinuation and inventory.
• Provide education opportunities regarding the portfolio to ensure product awareness (existing and new products) through collation of existing knowledge as well as provision of new information
• Assist in JDE housekeeping for product portfolio
• Act in the best interest of Treatt PLC at all times
• All other duties as assigned and customary
• Travel as required to suppliers, customers and industry events
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
• A degree in a science-based discipline (preferably Chemistry) or someone who has a scientific background and/or relevant technical sales experience.
• Experience in data collection, extraction and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
• Curiosity, drive and determination to make continuous improvements in all aspects of the portfolio
• Commercial mindset
• Good ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to motivate and influence teams and colleagues
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• Ability to find creative and positive ways to get the right people together who can make true differences in all aspects of the portfolio
• The capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail
• A full UK driving license and a full valid Passport
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.