LOCATION: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, although working from home would be considered for the right candidate
HOURS: Full-time (40 hours per week)
We are looking for somebody who has a passion for Category Management and enjoys working within a fast paced and challenging environment. This role will involve global management and procurement of both purchased and manufactured aroma chemicals through the supply chain.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Quality Analyst
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Baczewska, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley Dennis, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
Due to the growth of our Aroma Chemicals division, we are looking for someone to join and strengthen our existing team. You will be involved in:
• As part of the Procurement team source and buy chemicals with a high level of market understanding and awareness, attained from international travel as well as consistent communications with suppliers
• Be aware of the ongoing activities within the relevant category of materials as well as have a strong understanding of those of the broader business
• Collaborate with other Category Managers to create and then ensure a consistent strategy, relevant to Strategy 1.2
• Act as the principal point of contact to ensure clarity and consistent approach within the company for the portfolio including identifying gaps in the portfolio and instigating initiatives to fill those gaps
• Understand all internal aspects of the related product line from procurement to sale as well as external aspects from raw material to end use markets, trends, competition benchmarking and underserviced markets communicating internally where appropriate
• Make best use of available internal or external resources (including colleagues, supplier, customers and other educational opportunities) to effectively increase knowledge of and manage the portfolio including assisting in guiding finished goods pricing, internal costing and implementation of contribution improvements
• Identify cost reduction projects and make recommendations to Developers, Operations and Sales
• Provide education opportunities regarding the portfolio to ensure product awareness (existing and new products) through collation of existing knowledge as well as provision of new information
• Manage material life cycles within the portfolio from spotlight selection to obsolescence/discontinuation
• Assist in JDE housekeeping for product portfolio
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Vast experience in data collection, extraction and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
• Curiosity, drive and determination to make continuous improvements in all aspects of the portfolio
• A commercial mindset
• Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to lead, manage, motivate and influence teams and colleagues
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• Ability to find creative and positive ways to get the right people together who can make true differences in all aspects of the portfolio
• A good understanding of the systems in which we operate (JDE, Stars, MRP)
• The capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail
• A full UK driving licence and a full valid Passport
• A degree in chemistry would be desirable
What we’ll do for you
We have a pretty impressive benefits package that’s designed to look after you and your career during your time with us.