Job title: Aroma Chemicals Category Manager
Reporting to: Lead Category Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
This an opportunity to further enhance the Treatt Group Aroma Chemicals business. The post holder will be the primary decision maker for products held within the Aroma Chemicals portfolio including the identification of preferred suppliers and new materials, the management of stock positions and selling prices. It is also their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies and continually innovate in order to make the most of this category. The successful candidate will build and lead collaborative initiatives with the relevant stakeholders, in order to increase profitability for the Aroma Chemicals category. The candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of influencing skills & commercial awareness and possess ability to arrive at quick decisions in order to capitalise on the frequent short windows of opportunity.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 350 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley Dennis, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• As part of the Category management team, liaise with all key stakeholders to enhance a high level of market understanding and awareness
• Be aware of the ongoing activities within the relevant category of materials as well as have a strong understanding of those of the broader business
• Collaborate with other Category Managers to create and then ensure a consistent strategy, relevant to the wider business Strategy.
• Act as the principal point of contact to ensure clarity and consistent approach within the company for the portfolio including identifying gaps in the portfolio and instigating initiatives to fill those gaps
• Understand all internal aspects of the related product line from procurement to sale as well as external aspects from raw material to end use markets, trends, competition benchmarking and underserviced markets communicating internally where appropriate
• Make best use of available internal or external resources (including colleagues, supplier, customers and other educational opportunities) to effectively increase knowledge of and manage the portfolio including assisting in guiding finished goods pricing, internal costing and implementation of contribution improvements
• Identify cost reduction projects and make recommendations to Developers, Operations and Sales
• Provide education opportunities regarding the portfolio to ensure product awareness (existing and new products) through collation of existing knowledge as well as provision of new information
• Manage material life cycles within the portfolio from spotlight selection to obsolescence/discontinuation
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, then you may be who we are looking for.
We are looking for someone who has a degree in a science-based discipline (preferably Chemistry) and working in a commercial role, or someone who has studied a business discipline such as procurement, working within a relevant industry background. Candidates may alternatively have demonstrable experience-based equivalents. You will have previous experience of working as a category manager, or in a procurement role, with experience in Aroma Chemicals for the flavour industry.
The right candidate will have vast experience in data collection, extraction and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills, ideally using JDE or a similar system. They will possess curiosity, drive and determination to make continuous improvements in all aspects of the portfolio, together with a commercial mindset and ownership mentality.
Great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to lead, motivate and influence teams and colleagues. The ideal candidate will have the capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail.
A full UK driving license and a full valid Passport are essential, with an ability to travel internationally.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a healthy work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.