Job title: Accounts payable Assistant
Reporting to: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Lakeland, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
The Opportunity (General Summary)
The primary responsibility of the AP Assistant will be the logging and processing of supplier invoices for timely payment. This role will work alongside the other members of the US Finance team and provide cover, as relevant, during any periods of vacation/absence.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavor and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Logging of invoices from inventory suppliers to the ERP system on a timely basis.
• Matching of supplier invoices to the corresponding inventory receipt(s) to approve the invoice for payment in accordance with agreed terms.
• Resolving invoice queries either with internal business owners or with the supplier to minimize any instances of late payment.
• Liaise with Procurement to follow up on open orders and with Quality Control to ensure the timely release of goods into inventory such that invoices can be processed.
• Monitoring of un-invoiced receipts and requirement for an ongoing liability.
• Monitoring of open claims for price, returned goods or non-conformance credit memos.
• Accuracy of charges and timeliness of payments relating to third party toll processors.
• Responsible for the timely processing and payment of freight supplier invoices
• Performance of supplier statement reconciliations for inventory suppliers to ensure liabilities are completely and accurately recorded.
• Primary responsibility for raising non-inventory purchase orders for operational or capital expenditure expenses.
• Secondary responsibility for raising weekly supplier payments, providing support/cover as required.
• Supporting the US Finance team, as required, with month end analysis and reporting to the UK/Group Finance team.
• Support ad-hoc administration duties, as required.
• Providing support to other areas of Finance as and when required
• Act in the best interests of Treatt Plc at all times.
What we’re looking for
• Intermediate IT skills – in particular Outlook and Excel.
• Previous accounts payable/supplier ledger experience specifically inventory receipts and payments.
• Previous experience of a business ERP system is advantageous and desire to understand wider business processes.
• Experience of working for a Global organization.
• Ability to build professional relationships, supportive but not afraid to challenge.
• Good attention to detail.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development, you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidized social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.