Job title: Process Engineer II
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
The Opportunity (General Summary)
The Process Engineer will play a key role in the successful execution of projects across the manufacturing plant. The role will demonstrate a technical expertise, providing advice and proactive support to projects, whilst ensuring existing plant is fit for purpose. With expertise in root cause analysis, this role will drive systems improvement, and identify ways to operate differently, utilising technology where possible to find solutions. Solutions focused; this role will provide hands on engineering input into the specialist engineering team.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
• Implement and manage approved capital projects within budget guidelines; create and maintain project schedules, work with vendors and installation contractors during project life cycle.
• Prepare scopes of work, sketches, and drawings to obtain quotes and bids for capital project budgets.
• Work with the Engineering Manager in preparing new expense and capital budgets for the coming year.
• Develop process flow diagrams and P&ID’s; develop scopes of work.
• Optimization and troubleshooting of plant operations using outputs data and operating procedures, to propose engineering led process improvements and solutions.
• Identifying opportunities that increase unit efficiency, safety, and economic return and providing Chemical engineering expertise to these projects.
• Manage capital project budgets, schedules, equipment vendors, and installation contractors during project life cycle.
• Proactively initiate and lead cross functional continuous improvement projects.
• Provide regular reports as needed with respect to schedules, budgets, delays and problems
• Maintaining proper engineering files and records.
• Write/maintain standard operating procedures, work instructions, routings, and safety reviews.
• Work with Maintenance, and Production to perform root-cause analyses and corrective action plans as needed.
• Conduct installations, repairs and preventive maintenance to property, facilities, production-based plant, equipment and control systems
• Develop ideas into conceptual engineering designs from first principles
• Maintaining knowledge of common engineering materials and keeping up-to-date with latest technology
• Provide design solutions and coordinate the production of schemes, drawings and assemblies. Specifying proprietary equipment for use in bespoke design systems
• Produce technical reports and studies
• Liaise with external contractors working on site
• Work in compliance with Good Engineering Practices (GEP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), OSHA, Food Safety and other internal safety guidelines.
• Provide on-call support for trouble shooting for 24/5 manufacturing operation and occasional weekends.
• Act in the best interest of Treatt USA and Treatt plc at all times.
• All other duties as customary or as delegated.
What we’re looking for
B.S. Chemical Engineering, or similar discipline, plus minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in similar role. Additional training and development in new types of technology would be beneficial.
• Working knowledge of Chemical Engineering concepts, terminology, and practical application in the manufacturing environment
• Must have prior experience in manufacturing
• Capable of building relationships with a multi discipline team
• Ability to manage Capital Projects
• Ability to work within a team to solve problems and carry out multi discipline projects.
• Ability to challenge the status quo in a professional manner.
• Ability to work and demonstrate the highest level of integrity.
• Ability to bring a high level of pride and passion to every aspect of the job.
• Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Competent understanding of safe working practices and legal requirements.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experienced in similar industry with knowledge of the product range and processes used
• Experience with working in an ISO/GMP food processing environment.
• Skills in designing control schemes, programming DCS / PLCs, setting up operator interfaces (HMI) and basic electrical troubleshooting of plant control systems.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
M/F/D/V EOE DFWP SO
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.