Job title: Credit Controller
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 35 hours per week
The role of the Credit Controller is to work alongside the UK Commercial team, for the opening of new customer accounts and day-to-day management of credit risk; and work cohesively with the US Credit Controller to effectively resolve queries and ensure the timely collection of outstanding debts.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
The duties and tasks comprise the following:
• Ownership of the RC Treatt (RCT) customer ledger ensuring balances are accurate and reliable and that the overdue debt position remains actively managed and under control
• Ensuring invoices and credit notes are uploaded to customer online portals, on a timely basis and as relevant, and liaising with Treatt IT and/or the customer helpdesk to overcome any process or data issues
• Working closely with the Sales BDMs and Customer Care team to open new customer accounts, ensuring procedures and controls are followed and fields are correctly populated
• Ownership of the RCT customer Masterfile and associated maintenance of mandatory fields to ensure accuracy of trading terms and data reporting
• Reviewing validation reports and investigating records reported to identify, confirm and execute the required actions to address
• Working alongside the TUSA Credit Controller in the performance of credit checks and setting of customer payment terms
• Credit management of specific Global customer accounts (where trading also originates from other Group companies)
• Proactive management of customer queries preventing settlement of due debts, working with the commercial team to ensure timely resolution
• Daily cash allocation of payments received from customers to ensure accounts are up to date to inform decision-making
• Preparation of the bi-weekly stop list, collaborating with the TUSA Credit Controller prior to distributing to BDMs and Customer Care
• Preparation of weekly credit note reporting
• Build strong relationships with customers that facilitate the prompt resolution of queries and timely settlement of due invoices
• Meet with the Group Financial Controller and TUSA Credit Controller on a monthly basis to review the customer ledger, providing explanations for any overdue amounts or unusual balances
• Work with the Group Financial Controller in determining the level of debt provisioning required on a quarterly basis over the financial year
• Support the wider UK Finance team in the provision of information for the interim and annual statutory audit
What we’re looking for
• Strong working knowledge of a finance function and the deliverables of credit control within
• Good understanding of a general ledger and accounting principles
• Intermediate IT skills – in particular Outlook and Excel
• CICM qPrevious credit control experience essential with 5+ years’ experience
• Experience of working for a Global organisation preferable
• Previous experience of a business ERP system is advantageous
• Confidence to work with new systems and customer portals
• Proven customer service skills
• Ability to build professional relationships, supportive but not afraid to challenge
• Good attention to detail.
• CIMC qualification (or equivalent) desirable but not essential
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.