Job title: Senior Process Development Engineer
Reporting to: Process Development Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional shift work may be required to support business need.
As a Senior Process Development Engineer working in the Operations team, you will be a leader of new equipment installations and the optimisation, process improvement & development of manufacturing processes onsite.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 450 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Quality Analyst
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Customer Care Team Leader
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Lead the technical input into processes and equipment to enhance safety, efficiency and productivity.
• Identify opportunities across the business for improvements and develop suitable project plans from concept to operation.
• Develop project scopes to clearly detail project requirements and deliverables to business requirements
• Specify equipment and technically appraise proposals against company and industry standards.
• Collaborate and lead across departments, with external suppliers and contractors to meet objectives.
• Challenge existing working practises.
• Conduct trials using lab and pilot scale equipment to assess process improvement and new product potential.
• Scale up processes from lab/pilot scale to full scale.
• Analyse process trend information and interpret the effectiveness of processing and identify improvement opportunities.
• Interpret analytical information to assess process performance and evaluate experimental results.
• Able to trouble shoot issues.
• Prepare and review documentation, including SOPs, risk assessments, and scale up assessments.
• Lead safety studies such as HAZOPs, LOPAs.
• Provide training to operations and technical staff where required.
• Oversee and guide the installation of new equipment with focus on process functionality and safety.
• Lead the commissioning and handover of new equipment and processes.
• Keep up to date with advances and information within the industry and can implement into Treatt where relevant and advantageous.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
Ideally you will have the following knowledge and experience:
• BSc Chemical Engineer or equivalent relevant academic qualification or experience.
• Demonstrated application of technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes.
• 5 years relevant engineering experience within the food/chemical industries.
• Experience of distillation, extraction and filtration technologies.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams.
• NEBOSH general certificate/iOSH managing safely qualification
• Experience of leading and managing projects, preferably with a project management qualification.
• Experience with distributed control systems (DCS)
• Confident with MSOffice
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA medical and dental schemes, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.