Job title:TUSA Quality Control Manager
Reporting to: Global Quality Control Manager
Location: Lakeland, FL, USA
Hours: Full-time, Exempt
Have you ever wondered what makes your sparkling water taste like lemon, or your fragrance smell like lavender? Or maybe, what goes into that tea beverage or makes your pumpkin spice latte taste like pumpkin? Does being part of a great team that works on developing such products every day excite you? If so, read on.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
What you’ll be doing
The TUSA Quality Control Manager will be responsible for the day to day functions of the Lakeland Quality Lab, including but not limited to, equipment, personnel, and making decisions on product suitability regarding quality and resolution of any issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be the primary point of contact for all issues relating to the department including team development and recruitment.
• Ensure regular internal and external calibration/validation as prescribed by the working practices in the laboratory.
• Develop the team so there is flexible coverage to support business needs.
• Evaluate materials to ensure quality parameters are met and provide guidance for best use of material.
• Provide clear guidance regarding the suitability of a product for purchase and acceptance of product on site and suitability for a customer’s needs.
• Liaise with other departments to recommend corrective actions and provide support where needed.
• Support Quality Assurance by assisting with customer audits, specifically in relation to the quality team.
• Control removal of lot holds in JDE for sale, blending or disposal.
• Communicate with other departments on analysis turnaround times and lead-time delays.
• Lead investigations into quality failures.
• Write, review and maintain the department’s risk assessments and SOPs.
• Coordinate and deliver training to all analysts within technical in LC, GC and MS instrumental analysis.
• Develop, manage and validate quantitative methods for all GC, LC and MS.
• Maintain the legislation database with regards to pesticide residue limits and communicate any changes in legislation to relevant individuals at Treatt.
• Make continuous improvements to aid in cost reductions and efficiency of the department.
What we’re looking for
You will be successful in this role if you have:
• Wide-range understanding of Treatt as well as JDE, STARS & Operations.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving mind coupled with curiosity, commercial awareness and a drive and determination to make continuous improvements in all aspects of the department.
• Exceptional ability to communicate in clear, concise, persuasive language, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to lead, manage, motivate and influence teams and colleagues.
• Ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required.
• Capable of organizing and prioritizing with a strong eye for detail.
• Excellent knowledge of citrus oils and experience with them from an analytical perspective.
• Experience in micro analysis.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred majors would include: Chemistry, Food Science, or Biology. Optimal work experience would be gained in a closely related technical field. A minimum of five years’ experience in a technical capacity is desired. Supervisory experience preferred.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay; discretionary annual bonus up to 12% of annual salary; 401K with a maximum of 6% employer matching; group health, dental and vision insurances; company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, company paid life insurance and free stock. We also offer courses around personal development and well-being, including free gym membership.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.