Job title: QA Specialist
Reporting to: Quality Control Manager
Location: Lakeland, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEOC Class: Technician
The Opportunity (General Summary)
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist ensures our products meet the required Quality standards through the support of the Quality Management System, the investigation of non-conformities and the internal auditing. The emphasis of the position will be on complaints, specifications, and environmental monitoring. This person will be working with the Quality Assurance Coordinator.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita, Innovation Scientist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley, Distillation Control Team Leader
“Treatt creates an environment to help you be the best you can, with no two days the same and opportunities always available to help you learn and develop. The people and the culture create a fantastic company to be part of” – Rebecca, Commercial Coordinator
What you’ll be doing
After training you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Support the Quality Assurance Coordinator in maintenance of the Quality Management System.
• Work and investigate customer complaints and internal non-conformities to identify the root cause.
• Responsible for control and maintenance of the Specification Change Control.
• Be an active part in the internal audit team and ensure that internal audits are completed to schedule. Carry out internal audits as a member of the audit team.
• Support Quality Assurance Coordinator in assuring that audit corrective action plans are implemented and completed.
• Carry out the environmental monitoring process of the plant.
• To contribute to continuous improvement in the Quality Department (e.g. suggestions on improvements in efficiency, cost cutting and improvements in effectiveness of operation).
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general description.
What we’re looking for
Experience in the following areas (training will be provided but a competent understanding of these is required):
• Associate degree, or HS Diploma with industry related experience in quality assurance may be substituted for degree.
• Previous experience of working in a quality assurance role.
• A track record of successful team working in a manufacturing environment.
• Training in HACCP, GMP, food hygiene, and internal auditing is preferred.
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Our department is busy. We need someone who can run with the pack but also bring their own personality to their work.
You should be personable, friendly and supportive, acknowledging that you’ll get to work with colleagues from all seniority levels across all departments on a daily basis.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; vacation time as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, medical (including family cover), dental and vision coverage, AFLAC, 401k employer matching up to 6%, company-paid short term and long term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance and stock purchase options.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.