QA Compliance Coordinator
Reporting to: Technical Compliance Manager
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: 40 hours per week
The QA Compliance Coordinator (Supply Chain) ensures that that the company’s raw materials, packaging, suppliers and service providers meet our stakeholders’ requirements through the collection and assessment of supplier data. The role is part of the Quality Assurance team and works closely with quality control, procurement and operations departments.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Cooper, Quality Analyst
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Baczewska, Applications Technologist
“Joining my close and supportive team was the most enjoyable way to gain more skills and increase my knowledge” – Ashley Dennis, Manufacturing Support Analyst
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
• Approval of new supplier sites through the collection and evaluation of self-assessment questionnaires and certificates.
• Approval of raw materials and packaging through risk assessment, certification, specification and safety data sheet checks.
• Renewal of supplier and raw material approval.
• Calculate the risk of deliveries received into the business in the LIMS system, based on supplier information and performance.
• Coordination of the supplier non-conformance system. Logging and raising non-conformances with the supplier and the ongoing monitoring of supplier performance.
• Approval of service providers.
• Handling customer complaints as related to supply chain or service providers. Writing customer responses to supplier and service provider complaints.
• Report Key Performance Indicators related to supply chain assurance and present to the procurement team.
• Provide cover for other tasks performed in Technical Compliance and Sustainability Department (as detailed in training matrix).
• Effectively & efficiently co-operate and communicate on tasks and projects as defined by the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Effectively and efficiently communicate and co-operate with internal, external customers and suppliers on problem solving and projects which require technical input.
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you’re what we’re after.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a QA and manufacturing environment, expereince of working within the food or flavour sector would also be a distinct advtage.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.