Job title: Project Officer
Reporting to: Business Transformation Manager
Location: Lakeland, FL
The role will primarily involve management of projects, which drive business improvement and growth. Bringing expertise in professional project management to the team, and aligning this to the strategic growth goals on the company.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Drive business efficiencies, identifying areas for improvement proposed by both yourself and the TUSA VP team.
• Perform effectiveness reviews of business areas with aim to suggest changes and solutions to improve performance and delivery, and support potential change management programmes
• Project Manage from creation of project brief through to final implementation.
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, developing relationships and supporting the change management process. Calling upon additional resources as required.
• Analyse performance, implementation and commercial data; make decisions where appropriate or provide recommendations.
• Partner closely with the Category Management team, with the creation of project streams
• Where required co-ordinate and be accountable for deliverables related to 3rd parties (business partners, consultants, lawyers etc.) liaising with key stakeholders.
• Utilise opportunities to gain a thorough understanding of the Treatt business as a whole, with additional exposure to Operations, Technical, and Commercial teams.
• Deliver project outcomes within agreed time deadlines, through executing, monitoring, controlling and closing the project. Delivering project updates as required.
• Drive a culture of achievement and ensure pace by identifying and making recommendations for removing barriers to aid project success.
• Promote and take accountability for project quality; identify opportunities to improve delivery and oversee the process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken.
• Seek out opportunities to bring the align the Global businesses, with opportunities to share best practices and developments from TUSA into RCT, and seek out this v.v.
• Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the General Description which may be subject to change from time to time. Act in the best interest of Treatt at all times.
• Provide education opportunities regarding the project management approach, supporting teams to appropriately manage their internal project streams.
What we’re looking for
• Great interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to motivate and influence teams and colleagues
• Curiosity, drive and determination to launch initiatives and make continuous improvements in all aspects of the business
• Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing
• An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently as required
• The capability to organize and prioritize with a strong eye for detail
• Experience in data collection, extraction and analysis with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
• Ability to find creative and positive ways to get the right people together who can make true differences
• University degree in business management, a technical field or equivalent experience
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in project management
• Experience of integrating business units
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
What we’ll do for you
Excellent package which includes basic pay, annual bonus potential, a maximum of 6% employer matching pension; group health, dental and vision insurances; company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, company paid life insurance; and free stock. We also offer courses around personal development and well-being, including free gym memberships, virtual memberships and weight loss programs.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.